Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

What should the submission Matt Hughes used at UFC 117 be nicknamed?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, theLegend and I where discussing what do we call this thing?

Two names were brought up:
- The MATlock
- The Farmaconda Choke

So, which do you prefer? And if you have a better idea, post it! :)

·
Premium Member
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As it states above the poll we are not looking for the actual technical name of the move, but seing as this is the first time I have seen it used in MMA (Or at least UFC) we thought it would be fun with a nickname...

Not everything has to be serious all of the time mate :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Sure it's basically a front headlock, but it's that particular one that deserves a name....sorta like the Indian Fire Death Punch from Hendo.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The Matt Hughes choke, obviously.

·
Baddest Man Alive
671 Posts
On the greatest ww o all times message board MATT'S FORUM Matt Pena refered to it as an Arm In Front Headlock. MMA Weekly calls it an inverted front traingle choke. My vote is for the "Pajama choke" cuz whoevers in it is obviously going to sleep. I actually didnt know what I was seeing at the time, I thought Matt was just trying to control Ricardo until I saw Alemida's butt drop and realized he choked him out. Awesome fight for a HUGE MH fan.

·
'Man of Stone'
430 Posts
On the greatest ww o all times message board MATT'S FORUM Matt Pena refered to it as an Arm In Front Headlock. MMA Weekly calls it an inverted front traingle choke. My vote is for the "Pajama choke" cuz whoevers in it is obviously going to sleep. I actually didnt know what I was seeing at the time, I thought Matt was just trying to control Ricardo until I saw Alemida's butt drop and realized he choked him out. Awesome fight for a HUGE MH fan.
In BJJ tonight we went over the choke and discussed how awesome it is and how amazing easy it is to pull off... That is pretty much step 1 for an Anaconda from a sprawl. Matt Hughes is just strong enough where he was able to wrench it tight enough with the gable grip. If Matt Hughes wanted to he could of tucked his head neck to the chest, rolled over and started the Anaconda but for sure wasn't needed as he was put to sleep SUPER fast without it.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
well lets call it what it is...a front or inverted arm triangle/choke:thumb02:...really sweet though, never thought of using it in that position

1 - 20 of 30 Posts