Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was getting booed pretty bad. matt simply said he didn't care, and he will be reckless in this fight.:confused02::confused02:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Why he was getting Booed? because he fight againts renzo?

Matt Hughes is a sick fighter and like Rogan said, a future hall of fame.

WAR HUGUES, SHUTTIN MOUTHS SINCE 1998

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would guess its just because he is fighting a Gracie in Abu Dhabi.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Havent liked Hughes for a long time......

He's a good fighter but he can act like a "douche" in Serras words.... pretty arrogant guy to the media....

Reactions: jmacjer

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Maybe they were booing because his last fight was very boring. And before that he got trashed by Alves and St. Pierre.

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
Haven't seen the weigh-ins (shame on me I know) 'cause my internet's been capped, but I'm counting on a wreckage by Renzo ;)

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hughes is the worst. I like Henzo a lot, but I don't see it going his way unless he's developed a lot sine 07. And I doubt that's the case. I'll probably be staring at the table and cussing while this fight goes on. Lay and pray fest.

·
Baddest Man Alive
671 Posts
Why do pPl think matts a boring lnp fighter? He's finished bj, gsp, Joe riggs, and is the only person ever to finish Royce. And he did all that after the fight hits the ground. He really was the first kos/fitch type fighter than can use his wrestling to be exciting with subs and strikes on the ground.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Why do pPl think matts a boring lnp fighter? He's finished bj, gsp, Joe riggs, and is the only person ever to finish Royce. And he did all that after the fight hits the ground. He really was the first kos/fitch type fighter than can use his wrestling to be exciting with subs and strikes on the ground.
For one, it's not just that people think that he's boring. He's a scumbag. His book is atrocious, and anyone that can't see that he's a piece of crap must have their head in the sand. Beyond that, he basically wins his fights the same way every time. It just gets old. I did love seeing him get knocked out by Alves though. Or screaming when GSP submitted him in the rubber match.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
If you dislike a fighter because he finishes his opponents in the same way, then that is just a excuse to say you dislike him. Hughes got boo'ed because he is fighting a Gracie in Abu Dhabi, I am interested to see this fight and I am pulling for Hughes.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Matt hughes is a tool, i can understand why some people like him as a fighter but as a person he is a asshole plain and simple. My opinion tho, just after seeing him on two Ultimate fighter seasons and countless pre fight interviews etc i just cant stand him.

·
Registered
736 Posts
The way Hughes comes off so arrogant is hilarious to me.

Same with Marc Laimon, arrogant to the point it's hilarious.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
was getting booed pretty bad. matt simply said he didn't care, and he will be reckless in this fight.:confused02::confused02:
I just not too long ago discovered the Matt Hughes is pretty cocky. lol. I like him though, he's good.

I really really want to see Renzo Gracie win this fight. But, I think he's probably going to get a face bashed in.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,815 Posts
Most people who think that way I don't believe they really know what they're watching. And they've damn sure never had someone like that on top of them. It's not boring it's terrifying.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,815 Posts
Matt got booed because Renzo is a personal friend of the royal family. It just might be illegal to cheer for Matt.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Wasn't aware how much this forum seemingly hated Hughes. I still love him nonetheless.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts