Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Matt Hughes has run over Royce Gracie, well we finally see Hughes vs. Georges St. Pierre II?? If not, who's next???

·
Banned
110 Posts
At UFC 63 in September or October as I've heard somewhere in Canada Hughes will defend his welterweight title against St. Pierre in a rematch. And this time St. Pierre is ready and will murder Matt Hughes. St. Pierre beat Penn, Hughes was destroyed by Penn.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This rematch is going to be sweet. I see it being a razor thin decision, for who, I dont know.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
where the hell have you guys been? lol Dana White announced Hughes/GSP a long time ago

http://www.matt-hughes.com/blog.html

Monday, July 10, 2006
This week, I'll definitely let my throat heal from yelling at Tim for 25 minutes. He did great and maybe it looked like a slow boring match, but there was a tremendous technical battle that a lot of people don't realize. My hat's off to Tim, he did a great job in the fight.
I'm scheduled to fight St. Pierre on September 23rd in Anaheim. I will now start training at home. Robbie Lawler is with me this week in my hometown. So this week I'll start running, lifting and watching my diet. -Matt

·
Registered
6 Posts
CTFlyingKnee said:
where the hell have you guys been? lol Dana White announced Hughes/GSP a long time ago

http://www.matt-hughes.com/blog.html

Monday, July 10, 2006
This week, I'll definitely let my throat heal from yelling at Tim for 25 minutes. He did great and maybe it looked like a slow boring match, but there was a tremendous technical battle that a lot of people don't realize. My hat's off to Tim, he did a great job in the fight.
I'm scheduled to fight St. Pierre on September 23rd in Anaheim. I will now start training at home. Robbie Lawler is with me this week in my hometown. So this week I'll start running, lifting and watching my diet. -Matt

yeah ur absolutely right...he annouced it way before hughes gracie

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think that GSP has looked forward to this for so long now that he will actually surprise people and win. I can't wait - whomeber is victorious it should truyly be a great match to see.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am looking forward to that one, should be an awesome fight, won't be a whooping like Shamrock Ortiz so it should be great.

·
Banned
110 Posts
People think Hughes is going to win because he beat St. Pierre in the first round when St. Pierre was not ready for that fight at all. The only person who St. Pierre beat to get to Hughes was Parisyan. And it was also his first year in the UFC. Now he is a veteran and has beaten everyone to get to Hughes, everyone Hughes had a hard time against. Jason Miller, a beast who never gives up, Frank Trigg, Hughes had a tough time against Trigg in the rematch, Sean Sherk, lasted five rounds against Hughes, and finally BJ Penn, who destroyed Matt Hughes and probably stil would destroy Hughes. I'm predicting St. Pierre first round TKO over Matt Hughes definitely. People don't understand and think "Matt Hughes is a beast". Wrong, St. Pierre will pull a huge upset.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This should be an amazing fight. Hughes is a BEAST, but GSP is just so damn fast and wiley. Should be an interesting bout, but I give it to Hughes by KO in the 2 or 3rd rnd.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Confrontation said:
People think Hughes is going to win because he beat St. Pierre in the first round when St. Pierre was not ready for that fight at all. The only person who St. Pierre beat to get to Hughes was Parisyan. And it was also his first year in the UFC. Now he is a veteran and has beaten everyone to get to Hughes, everyone Hughes had a hard time against. Jason Miller, a beast who never gives up, Frank Trigg, Hughes had a tough time against Trigg in the rematch, Sean Sherk, lasted five rounds against Hughes, and finally BJ Penn, who destroyed Matt Hughes and probably stil would destroy Hughes. I'm predicting St. Pierre first round TKO over Matt Hughes definitely. People don't understand and think "Matt Hughes is a beast". Wrong, St. Pierre will pull a huge upset.
cmon man try being a lil neutral instead of sounding like a crazy gsp fan, cuz no one will take u serious because it sounds like ur talking with ur heart and not with ur head when u say hes gonna ko hughes in round one, thats just crazy..its gonna be a great fight neither fighter will dominate.i actually like gsp's chances but he gotta keep it on his feet..if not he'll lose

1 - 14 of 14 Posts