4. Kazuo Misaki

5. Rich Franklin

6. Denis Kang

7. Dan Henderson

8. Nathan Marquardt

9. Jeremy Horn

10. Amar Suloev

List ranked by mmaweekly.com

I was just wondering what people think about this. Personally I think that he is awesome. I disagree with Anderson Silva being second. There is no way he could beet Paulo Filho or Dan Henderson. Dan should be ranked higher, he is the pride champion and there is 3 pride fighters ranked higher than him.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Dan an Dennis should definitely be ranked higher. Dennis would have won the tourney if he did not have to fight two full fights in a row. It is kind of odd to give Misaki the belt for that if you ask me. They shoud have ruled it a no contest and given Kang the belt. It's really unfair to have a quick loser fight a tired winner for the belt..it makes no sense.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definetly I think that Filho would have won it for sure if he never got injured. He destroyed Misaki. He never showed much of any offence at all in that fight. Filho was on top of him until he sprung out a submission. I wanna see Filho fight Henderson for the belt. That would be awesome.

·
Registered
284 Posts
herton17 said:
It s ridiculous...they also rank sean Sherk as #9 LW. Thats a little low dont you think?
I think his ranking is based on the fact that he hasnt held his title for very long or actualy defended it against anyone tough. Beating Ken "fence grabber" Florian isnt gonna give you much rank.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
herton17 said:
How about Aurelio at #8 ??
Yah thats stupid he beet gomi and then went the distance with him in a close fight the other night. I agree with their heavyweight, welterweight and light heavyweight. But the middleweights is pretty dumb, dont get me wrong lindland is very good and deserves to be atleast top 5, but putting henderson at 7 who just stepped up in weight to absolutely punish Vitor Belfort for 3 rounds in a fight where a judge scored it 30-24 for henderson and they cant even put him near the top. He would kill anderson silva, so would kang and Filho. I think Filho is the best middleweight in the world, but he doesnt deserve top spot until he beats kang and Henderson.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
steveo412 said:
Yah thats stupid he beet gomi and then went the distance with him in a close fight the other night. I agree with their heavyweight, welterweight and light heavyweight. But the middleweights is pretty dumb, dont get me wrong lindland is very good and deserves to be atleast top 5, but putting henderson at 7 who just stepped up in weight to absolutely punish Vitor Belfort for 3 rounds in a fight where a judge scored it 30-24 for henderson and they cant even put him near the top. He would kill anderson silva, so would kang and Filho. I think Filho is the best middleweight in the world, but he doesnt deserve top spot until he beats kang and Henderson.
Word...

·
Registered
204 Posts
steveo412 said:
MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION (185-pound limit)

#1 Middleweight Fighter in the World: Matt Lindland

2. Anderson Silva

3. Paulo Filho

4. Kazuo Misaki

5. Rich Franklin

6. Denis Kang

7. Dan Henderson

8. Nathan Marquardt

9. Jeremy Horn

10. Amar Suloev

List ranked by mmaweekly.com

I was just wondering what people think about this. Personally I think that he is awesome. I disagree with Anderson Silva being second. There is no way he could beet Paulo Filho or Dan Henderson. Dan should be ranked higher, he is the pride champion and there is 3 pride fighters ranked higher than him.
I thinks these rankings dont even make any sense I think they just pick they favorite fighters and rank them in order.......lol

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm guessing Matt Lindland is ranked the #1 Middleweight in the world because he beat Jeremy Horn :dunno:? I'd put Anderson Silva at the #1 Middleweight in the world right now in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION (185-pound limit)

1. Matt Lindland
2. Paulo Filho
3. Kazuo Misaki
4. Denis Kang
5. Anderson Silva
6. Rich Franklin
7. Dan Henderson
8. Nathan Marquardt
9. Jeremy Horn
10. Amar Suloev

IMO, this is how it should be.
Lindland #1 because he keeps fighting and has been on a roll lately.
Filho 2nd because he would have won the Bushido tournament but was injured.
Misaki higher than Kang only because he won the tournament.
Silva beat Franklin to he should be ranked higher.
Henderson is 7 because his record is better than 8,9, and 10.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Kameleon said:
Lindland #1 because he keeps fighting and has been on a roll lately.
Filho 2nd because he would have won the Bushido tournament but was injured.
Misaki higher than Kang only because he won the tournament.
Silva beat Franklin to he should be ranked higher.
Horn is overhyped and Lindland lost to Rampage (though it was controversial and at LHW).
Could'a, would'a, maybe, but it didn't happen. I'd rank him number 2 also, but your reason why is horrible.
Misaki doesn't deserve the #3 spot right now.
Silva should be ranked higher than Franklin, but not just one spot above him...

IMO, I think:

Anderson Silva
Paulo Filho
Lindland
Franklin
Misaki
Henderson
Kang
Marquardt
Gono
Horn

Horrible weightclass to rank because no one really stands out above everyone else and all the top 15 guys are scattered pretty evenly between the organizations.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dont know why anyone would put Anderson Silva at the top of that list. OH wow he beet Rich Franklin and Chris Leben lately. Big Deal. Leben isnt anywhere near that list and Franklin is just a really good matchup for him. He is not nearly as good as Lindland, Kang, Henderson and Filho. The guy just looks good in UFC cause there middleweight division is weak, hell in pride he never beat anyone that was all that good. I am not saying he is bad and yes he deserves to be on the list, but he has got to beat someone besides just Rich Franklin to be near the top in my books.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts