Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Baddest Man Alive
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serra reminds me a lot like a more unexperience Hughes. If Serra wins the show and Hughes still has the belt, then Matt Hughes will win hands down because they have almost an identical technique. Serra would definitley need to bring some suprise flying knees or over hand rights and go for the KO to win.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
3DLee said:
Serra reminds me a lot like a more unexperience Hughes. If Serra wins the show and Hughes still has the belt, then Matt Hughes will win hands down because they have almost an identical technique. Serra would definitley need to bring some suprise flying knees or over hand rights and go for the KO to win.
If Matt Serra faces off against Matt Hughes, I can see this being like the Verrissamo fight at UFC 48! Matt Serra is a good ground man like Hughes and does have the power to neutrilize his ground and pound with a really good guard! Manily what I am saying is that this fight will be two guys lying on each other trying to get top position and both of them will get nowhere! Hughes would probably win by decision!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would say they are both ground fighters but their ground games are completely different. When was the last time Matt went to a decision? I've seen him submit enough JJ guys that I don't think this would go the distance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts