Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it was a good fight, happened as most predicted, Serra took him down and it was over. Too bad Pete was so one-dimensional. Good to see a fight not go to decision for once.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nabors12 said:
I thought it was a good fight, happened as most predicted, Serra took him down and it was over. Too bad Pete was so one-dimensional. Good to see a fight not go to decision for once.

Thoughts?

it's amazing that he was once offered a title shot. The UFC has changed for the better i think.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the second chance thing is bullshit, if you lose your gone. Ive always been frustrated with this on the past seasons.

·
Banned
723 Posts
They had to give someone a second chance. What were they going to do give Serra an automatic bye into the second round?

Pogo

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They should have people on the backburner that they can call in. shouldnt be too hard considering the setup of this season.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
I feel like a jerk because I said this was going to be a boring fight! Matt Serra and Edwin Dewee's both deserve to win this compitition!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
roverX said:
Yeah... my thought is to not put the outcome in your title.... us West Coasters haven't seen it yet.:(

:( Sorry!

·
Registered
77 Posts
kobra ki said:
it's amazing that he was once offered a title shot. The UFC has changed for the better i think.
i believe it was a title shot tournament with 4 guys and at that point he was one of the top 4.

·
Banned
723 Posts
He was offered a chance to fight for Matt Hughes Welter Weight Title after he beat 'Ruthless' Robbie Lawler who was a top contender at the time. Spratt turned it down because he felt he wasn't ready for Hughes. He had only had two fights in the UFC by then (both wins). It turned out to be a major mistake on his part as he would go on to loose his next two fights.

Pogo

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
judging by his performance against Serra's ground game, Hughes would have, well you know :laugh:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I COULD be missing something, but why did Spratt get a second chance anyway? Could someone not fight or something?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Steve-d said:
somthing like that

or somethign like someone jumping over the fence for a girl and blowing his career
Yeah thats what happened

1 - 17 of 17 Posts