Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Brandon Vera

Votes: 4 17.4%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The score is PRIDE: 7, UFC: 2. This one is a battle of the rising stars. From Chute Boxe, and representing PRIDE is Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, and representing the UFC is Brandon "The Truth" Vera.

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (13-2-0)
Vitals: 6'1" 201lbs (91kg)
Style: Muay Thai Kickboxing
Association: Chute Boxe
Streak: 1 win (won 4 of last 5)
Note: In his 13 wins, Rua holds KO victories over Rampage Jackson and Alistair Overeem.

Brandon "The Truth" Vera (7-0-0)
Vitals: 6'2" 225lbs (102kg)
Style: Muay Thai Kickboxing
Streak: 7 wins (undefeated)
Note: Vera holds TKO victories over Mike Whitehead and Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu blackbelt Fabiano Scherener.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Shogun by anyway he wants...Hes a better striker and better on the ground...But i think Shogun decides to strike with Vera and puts him to sleep in round 1

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I take Shogun. They both have tons of potential. I think Vera has a chance to become a great fighter but I think Shogun could possibly end up being the best mma fighter ever. Or at least second to Fedor.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brandon Vera advocates? I know there's at least one of you.

I think Vera's ground game is probably pretty solid, but when your training partners are Ninja and Wanderlei Silva, the fight's not going to the ground.

I think Vera's got alot of potential, but the fact that a guy with seven fights is being toted as one of the UFCs best is kind of bothersome, especially if he really thinks he could throwdown with Chuck Liddell.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Vera needs more experience before getting into a fight with the best light heavyweight in the world. But then again Vera fights heavyweights, huge ones and has beaten them easily including a PRIDE veteran in 2 minutes (Assuerio Silva).

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Recap:
Fedor Emelianenko v Tim Sylvia (23/6, PRIDE)
Sean Sherk v Takanori Gomi (15/4, UFC)
Kevin Randleman v Jeff Monson (9/3, PRIDE)
Josh Barnett v Tim Sylvia (19/3, PRIDE)
Wanderlei Silva v Chuck Liddell (17/10, PRIDE)
Rich Franklin v Anderson Silva (16/10, UFC)
Cro-cop Filipovic v Tim Sylvia (25/2, PRIDE)
Mark Hunt v Cabbage Correirra (16/3, PRIDE)
Josh Barnett v Jeff Monson (11/1, PRIDE)
Shogun Rua v Brandon Vera (14/2, PRIDE)

Note 1: UFC has gone 0-6 in the Heavyweight division.
Note 2: UFC Heavyweight Champion has gone 0-3.
Note 3: UFC has won all weight classes below 200 lbs.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have to go with Vera....simply because he trains with my crew, and his BJJ with Lloyd Irvin (my instructor) :D

But i know the experience factor is huge in this one. If he wins it will blow his career up like when Franklin beat Shamrock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.