Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Brazilian sources, ATT’s Marcus "Maximus" Aurelio is contracted to fight for Pride Bushido Lightweight Champion Takanori Gomi’s Title on November 5th at Pride: Bushido 13.

Although not yet officially confirmed by DSE, this would be a much needed rematch after Aurelio scored a massive victory over the champion at Pride: Bushido 10.

However that fight was a non championship bout, and the fact that Aurelio walked away without the title after legitimately beating the champion left a bad taste in many fan’s mouths.

Marcus Aurelio has been defeated in the mean time by Mitsuhiro Ishida, who is believed to be in line for a shot of the winner of Aurelio vs Gomi.

The Grapevine: Maximus To Fight For Gomi’s Title - MMAUniverse.com

This is a rumor from the Grapevine

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Kameleon said:
This would be a good rematch. I think Gomi would still win.
No way, Marcus Aurelio is the best lightweight in the world, Mitsuhiro barely beat him. And Aurelio smashed Gomi in their first fight, Gomi hasn't really improved. I would like to see Joachim Hansen get in the mix, he deserves to.

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
MMA freak said:
No way, Marcus Aurelio is the best lightweight in the world, Mitsuhiro barely beat him. And Aurelio smashed Gomi in their first fight, Gomi hasn't really improved. I would like to see Joachim Hansen get in the mix, he deserves to.
I Cant take anything away from Marcus Aurelio... haha the look on gomi;'s face when he was tryint to escape was priceless.. haha but i think Joachin Hansen & Gomi would be a VERY entertaining fight.. where i think Aurelio would be goin for the submission the whole fight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.