Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just watching the anderson/demian fight and was thinking that maybe anderson just knows he could smash people and wants the fight to last a bit longer with all the training he had to do and such. He might just want his training's worth:confused02: I for one really enjoy his toying with people, might get slow but its a great show.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
That is a ridiculous statement. Why didn't he engage the last 2 rounds then? Did he train to hop around his opponent for 10 minutes? Silva and his trainers aren't mentally challenged, you know.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think Silva was gassed at around round 4, and he just couldn't finish Demian because he refused to play Anderson's games I'm starting to think Silva only reacts by counter attacking, because thats basicly what he showed during this fight and his last, one things for sure there's lots to learn about Anderson Silva we don't know.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't think he was gassed. Looking at him in between rounds, I personally saw no breathing issues. In that respect, I think he was fine.

This is how I see it. Anderson keeps referring to being disrespected by Maia. For the first few rounds, Anderson was doing his thing: landing shots, juking and jiving, ducking and moving, punching and kicking, showboating and taunting. Maia was clearly not game for Anderson, thus he (Maia) refused to fight or engage. I think Anderson felt disrespected by this, not only by Maia but all other fighters who do it, so I think he tried to prove a point. He basically stopped fighting, was unwilling to engage even when Maia rushed in, or play into Maia's game, thus showing how disrespectful and frustrating it is to be Anderson and not have a #1 contender willing to fight him. I honestly think he tried to prove a point by doing all of this.

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, but that's what I think. Don't take that as me excusing it, because I don't. I'm simply trying to make sense of a crappy and curious situation.

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
Do you wanna hear a crazy (or maybe it isn't even that crazy) of a theory?? :)

I think Anderson didn't wanted to hurt Demian more then he already did! He saw his messed up face after the third round and said to himself, I won't punch you anymore Demian. You are a good guy and I don't care if I don't deliver a Knock out tonight. Your health is more important to me.:thumbsup:

So :thumb02:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Do you wanna hear a crazy (or maybe it isn't even that crazy) of a theory?? :)

I think Anderson didn't wanted to hurt Demian more then he already did! He saw his messed up face after the third round and said to himself, I won't punch you anymore Demian. You are a good guy and I don't care if I don't deliver a Knock out tonight. Your health is more important to me.:thumbsup:

So :thumb02:
The taunting ruins that theory. Maybe you were joking :)

I gotta wonder if he's trying to be a heel and make his name bigger. People do that outside of the octagon all the time (Tito, Mir and Sonnen have all been pretty successful with it) but this would be taking that to a whole new level. Give him a real beast now and the whole world will probably tune in just to see him get his ass kicked. He may have actually upped his stock in a way; hard to say yet.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Anywhere I can see a fight replay? I bought the fight last night had people over and ended up getting to drunk to watch after the first fight.

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
Trying to be a douche on purpose IN the octagon would be a huge gamble for A. Silva, since he had to know how much it would piss Dana off.

·
Registered
121 Posts
if that was the reason he'd knock him out at the end of 5 just to prove nothing's wrong and that he's really the best but he didn't even try.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
You people really overthink this stuff. He refuses to GNP BJJ guys because he got caught in two flashy subs early in his career which is why he didn't finish the fight. He does the taunting and throwing MT techniques out of various stances, footwork, and head movement because he idolizes Ali, Bruce lee, and Roy. The last two rounds are because he is kind of crazy. That is really all there is to it.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Trying to be a douche on purpose IN the octagon would be a huge gamble for A. Silva, since he had to know how much it would piss Dana off.

Yep it'd be a risk, but what's the worst Dana can really do? It's a theory and considering the enormous amount of buzz this has already created (this shit's gonna go on and on too) I don't think it's too far fetched to think he might have been going for marketability and name recognition. Silva's now that guy that everyone despises but he can beat everyone's ass; that might not be the worst position to be in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts