Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
He basically beat Shields. He just simply ran out of times.

6 minute rounds = Mayhem, #4 WW in the world!

GO MAYHEM! WAAARRR MAYHEM!

·
M.I.A
2,550 Posts
Even though he looks like a total douche bag on bully beatdown, the dude is full of charisma. He's usually on the Ellis show for mayhem mondays, and always cracks me up. Hopefully he Ko's Shields tonight.

fanboy pic he posted

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts

Yeah, I thought Mayhem really deserved that win. That RNC was real deep, and he would've had to tap out or pass out, haha.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the first time I've seen Miller, great entrance, charisma and tough fight...15 more seconds and he is the champ. REMATCH!

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
NEW RULES EFFECTIVE ONE HOUR AGO:

-Lay and pray with no advancing your position = -1 point

-If you have a sub sunk in, the round doesn't end until the fighter escapes

New SF MW champ, Mayhem Miller ;)

·
Abusive
1,806 Posts
Shields didn't get any fans with this fight, he might have lost some he already had.
I didn't like him, but I still respect him for grinding out the win. I'll watch him, again. I still like Miller, but it was never 'cause he was a good fighter.

I honestly don't see how anyone could say the fight was even close. I had Shields winning 4/5 rounds.

·
M.I.A
2,550 Posts
maybe post spoilers on here....fucked up thinking it doesnt air for another hour.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
Shields didn't get any fans with this fight, he might have lost some he already had.
He lost me..

Miller gained me, the guy is a baller. :thumb02:

Reactions: Mjr

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Haha I loved this fight, too bad mayhem couldn't get over the line, but he showed he is a world class fighter. Jake was very boring but showed awesome wrestling and control.

·
Premium Member
5,224 Posts
His entrance was so damn funny. :laugh:

Was rooting for him but dude needs to work on his TDD and cardio.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I really wanted Miller to win this fight. When he picked up Shields and slammed him in the first I was like WTF! Thought it might have been a closer fight after that.

Shields has the weakest GnP in MMA, nothing he landed on the ground hurt Miller at all.

Still have to respect Shields' ground control though. Grappling, he made Miller look silly for the vast majority of the fight, except for the RNC of course.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Shields got those takedowns and lay there on Miller just trying to control his legs for what seemed like the entire match. They should have been stood up more. I agree with points for TDs but it shouldn't be a way of winning the fight solely. Shields was not working for the win he was trying to not lose.:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Even though he looks like a total douche bag on bully beatdown, the dude is full of charisma. He's usually on the Ellis show for mayhem mondays, and always cracks me up. Hopefully he Ko's Shields tonight.

fanboy pic he posted
Mayhem is the man for sure.

Whats up Fedors ass all the time? I love teh guy but, f**k man smile every now and again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Shields didn't look good, but Mayhem had 0 TDD, it was so frustrating watching that fight I wanted Mayhem to win after all those sick escapes and that rnc that almost finished shields. Shields was tired and just laying on Mayhem after those take downs which bothered me. In the end he still won, Mayhem needs to just work on his tdd and there needs to be a rematch.

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
I think that's just Fedor's game face.

I have seen pictures where he's smiling, believe it or not.

·
Registered
773 Posts

shields is lucky verrrrry lucky that mayhem didnt choke him out

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Shields has fans?? Too bad Miller didn't try to keep it standing more. I thought he was waiting for Shields to gas but credit to him he never did.

Miller is seriously impossible to finish by sub. I can't count how many times he was mounted or gave his back and escaped. He's fought guys who are bad match ups for him in that they BJJ monsters, Jacare and Shields, and they couldn't finish him. If Miller gets some better TDD he can oustrike grapplers, and he can already out grapple strikers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts