Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the Strikeforce: Nashville Apr. 17th card.

A middleweight bout between Jason "Mayhem" Miller (22-7 MMA, 0-1 SF) and Nashville, Tenn.-based fighter Tim Stout (9-7 MMA, 0-0 SF) has been tapped to replace a slot reserved for heavyweight Bobby Lashley on the CBS-televised "Strikeforce: Nashville."

A source close to Stout confirmed to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today that both parties have agreed to the fight and bout agreements will be issued shortly.

If approved by the Tennessee Athletic Commission, Miller vs. Stout will be the final non-televised bout of the April 17 event and may air on tape delay during the televised portion of the two-hour broadcast, which begins at 8 p.m. ET.

In his most recent appearance, the always-colorful Miller lost a bid to take the first-ever Strikeforce 185-pound belt from Jake Shields this past November at "Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers." The bout mostly took place on the mat and was not a hit with fans, who criticized its lack of action.

Miller and Shields later took a few potshots at each other on their respective web pages.

On March 31, Miller hinted he was gearing up for a fight when he wrote on his personal website, "Sorry that I've not blogged, ... but I've had some interesting developments and had to kick my training up and stop drinking delicious frosty goodness."

Miller was recently tapped for a third season of the hit reality show "Bully Beatdown" as overseer of a competition between bullies and professional MMA fighters.

Stout, who usually fights at welterweight, appeared most recently at "Bangkok Fight Night" where he defeated Phillip Wyman by unanimous decision.
LINK

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well, they do have 3 championship fights on the main card. If they all go long they probably won't have room for a 4th fight. I'm sure at least one of the fights will end quickly and they'll get Mayhem on TV.

·
Registered
135 Posts
and honestly, its a joke that he's fighting stout. he needs to fight a better opponent. stout is going to get destroyed. 6 of his 7 losses have come by submission

·
Forum "Superhero"
1,487 Posts
lashley scraps a fight, what a surprise. miller vs. stout put this fight on main card please or at least give me a way to watch it online that actually works properly.

·
Squirrel Fighting Champ
2,719 Posts
Good ol' Mayhem Miller. God I wish that round with Shields was three seconds longer. He was gonna tap I swear he was! I think Miller deserved to be on the main card.

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now they are saying the fight will be shown on CBS's show "in some form"

A middleweight bout between Jason "Mayhem" Miller (22-7 MMA, 0-1 SF) and Tim Stout (9-7 MMA, 0-0 SF) first reported Monday by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) will air "in some form" during the CBS telecast of "Strikeforce: Nashville" on April 17.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said the bout will be recorded and aired in its entirety if time permits during the event's two-hour broadcast; otherwise, it will air as a highlight package between the night's three live title fights.

Miller vs. Stout takes a slot previously reserved for a heavyweight bout featuring prospect Bobby Lashley.

Lashley yesterday told MMAjunkie.com that he is not fighting on the April 17 card – though he didn't know why – and is likely to return at the promotion's next major event, "Strikeforce St. Louis: Heavy Artillery" on May 15. Today, he wrote on his Facebook page that he withdrew from the April 17 card because he is not fully healed from recent nasal surgery.

"It will be based on the timing of the other fights," Coker said of the plans to air the middleweight bout. "So I believe the idea is to come out and maybe do a fight or two and see how much time is left. Then, if time permits, we will air the entire fight. If it doesn't, we'll run the highlight package.

"But it will air in some form."

In his most recent appearance, the always-colorful Miller lost a bid to take the first-ever Strikeforce 185-pound belt from Jake Shields. The fight took place this past November at "Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers." The bout took place mostly on the mat and was not a hit with fans, who criticized its lack of action.

Miller and Shields later took a few potshots at each other on their respective Web sites.

On March 31, Miller hinted he was gearing up for a fight when he wrote on his personal Web site, "Sorry that I've not blogged ... but I've had some interesting developments and had to kick my training up and stop drinking delicious frosty goodness."

Miller was recently tapped for a third season of the hit MTV reality show "Bully Beatdown" as host of a competition between bullies and professional MMA fighters.

Stout, who usually fights at welterweight, appeared most recently at a Bangkok Fight Night event, where he defeated Phillip Wyman by unanimous decision.
Link

·
Forum "Superhero"
1,487 Posts
Lashley yesterday told MMAjunkie.com that he is not fighting on the April 17 card – though he didn't know why -maybe because you are ducking all the decent guys they have in a div. with few oppurtunities to pick and choose opponents. i gues they could not find someone willing to go on two weeks notice......

they should show this fight but....whats up with these ww posing as mw?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Good ol' Mayhem Miller. God I wish that round with Shields was three seconds longer. He was gonna tap I swear he was! I think Miller deserved to be on the main card.
Well it wasn't 3 seconds longer. Maybe he should've tried to have done more than just that choke at the end of the round?

[
Because there is more action going on in the MW division and the WW want to fight the best and the best is at MW

·
Forum "Superhero"
1,487 Posts
Well it wasn't 3 seconds longer. Maybe he should've tried to have done more than just that choke at the end of the round?

Because there is more action going on in the MW division and the WW want to fight the best and the best is at MW
so miller vs shields for vacant mw title is best at mw?:confused02:that alone is not good for that div. miller and shields are really ww and the two of them fought for the title. if they stayed at ww they would have;miller,shields,hieron,and diaz. much better than mw

·
Registered
135 Posts
so miller vs shields for vacant mw title is best at mw?:confused02:that alone is not good for that div. miller and shields are really ww and the two of them fought for the title. if they stayed at ww they would have;miller,shields,hieron,and diaz. much better than mw
Miller has only fought WW one time in his career and that was against GSP.
Yeah it was vacated because Le took a long time off to make movies and wouldn't defend it. and shields wouldn't fight diaz, they're training partners.

and the MW division has Shields, Miller, Le, Smith, Jacare Souza, Lindland, Rockhold, Lawler, Manhoef, and now Henderson. How isn't that where all the better fighters are?

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Lashley yesterday told MMAjunkie.com that he is not fighting on the April 17 card – though he didn't know why -maybe because you are ducking all the decent guys they have in a div. with few oppurtunities to pick and choose opponents. i gues they could not find someone willing to go on two weeks notice......

Lashley couldn't find an opponent who would be willing to take a dive.

Maybe Sapp vs Lashley 2? This time, it's personal!!!

Lashley, what a joke. :sarcastic12:

Miller hated cutting to 170. I doubt he will fight at that weight again.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Why wouldn't it be? Sheilds had just come off the destruction of former champion Robbie Lawler who just slept Melvin Manhoef and is defending against Dan Henderson next...

Miller on the other hand has been fighting world class talent for years now... including Jacare Souza and Georges St. Pierre....

MW in Strikeforce has some serious talent....

With guys like Jake Shelds, Dan Henderson, Jacare, Melvin Manhoef, Robbie Lawler, Scott Smith, Joey Villasenor, Tim Kennedy and so on....

Even the second teir fighters in MW like Cung Le, Benji Radach, and Luke Ruckhold are dangerous.....

·
Registered
135 Posts
don't forget about jacare souza. im my opinion, he has the best jiu-jitsu in all of mma. he won the 2005 ADCC 77-87kg and was the runner up in the absolute division. he also lost in the finals of the DREAM middleweight division to Mousassi. I think he is going to shake up the Strikeforce MW division soon

·
Registered
262 Posts
HOLY COW!!!!!! I am so stoked right now it's not even funny. First of all, I love me some Mayhem Miller. That guy is a trip and I love watching him fight. Secondly, Tim Stout is my boy!!! I trained with this guy for a couple years and let me tell you . . . the dude is a beast!! He has amazing standup with very heavy hands. Before anybody says it (and somebody already has) yes all his losses except one is by submission. But, I know for a fact that Tim is a totally different fighter from a couple years ago. His ground game is definitely better than it used to be and he is training with a very legit BJJ guy now and has been for several years. He is not a blackbelt yet, but he is not the same guy anymore. I, along with tons of other guys, have been waiting on this guy to get his first real shot. He was supposed to fight for Affliction back in the day and was scheduled on their supposed last card. Well, we see what happened there. Anyway, look him up on youtube and you can see some of his fights. He has fought and beat some former WEC and UFC guys. I am praying that his fight gets televised!!

Good Luck Tim!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts