Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
He seems like a really, really tall guy to make the cut to 155. I don't know - I thought he was doing decent at WW. He's had some setbacks, sure, but that's the fight game. I'd rather seem him improve his standup and takedowns and keep at it at WW.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He seems like a really, really tall guy to make the cut to 155. I don't know - I thought he was doing decent at WW. He's had some setbacks, sure, but that's the fight game. I'd rather seem him improve his standup and takedowns and keep at it at WW.
his coach said his walking around weight is like 170-175 so a cut isnt out of the question. i think he'd do well at lw.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^^^^
and his length and reach should only help him in his standup when hes like 3-4 inches taller than the average lw

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
The thing with Hazellet is he doesn't have power imo.
I remember watching the countdown to his fight against Daley and his father said something about him: that he is very skilled and good, but we would have to wait until he reaches he stops growing up (or something like that :confused02:) and then he will be strong enough, like an adult. I can't remember exactly what he said, but definitely something like that.
He laks power imo. If he would put some muscle on his frame and train more standup he could do fair at WW also.
But against those wrestling monsters at the WW he stands no chance.
At LW he would have more chances.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Nate Diaz has a similar frame. He moved up to WW, put on some muscle and is looking much better. I don't see how this will help Mclovin going down to 155.
Nate has a similar style but with better stand-up.

·
Cheers.
5,341 Posts
I'd absolutely love to see him against Sotiropoulos at 155, however that would kinda be a sideways move for George at this point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts