Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i can`t wait to meet my favourite fighter. has anyone met him? i cant help but feel that im gonna come in high expectations and end up being dissapointed.. has anyone ever met him? what was it like. Im meeting him tomorrow at the eaton centre in toronto, he will be promoting his new book.

·
You're not terribly important to me
15,563 Posts
just be as crazy as you can, thats how forrest is

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
I just saw that book cover earlier today and that is the funniest book cover ever.

but on topic, i have never met the guy but everyone says that he is no different then what you see on TV or the net.

P.S he really likes it when you complement his "package"

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Ask him about Anderson Silva... Tell him no one cares about your close, boring fights with Tito Ortiz, and, Tito V Forrest III would equally be boring and irrelevant ... then awkwardly transition to him fighting Jon Jones.

·
HiiiPoWeR
17,676 Posts
Lean in real close and lick his ear lobe. Let me know how it works out :)
Like said earlier, compliment his package and do this. :thumb02:

If his your favorite fighter out there, then i don't think you are going to be disappointed when you see him.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I was reading through this thread last night but I was going to bed but didn't get a chance to reply, but this really made me laugh.

P.S he really likes it when you complement his "package"
LOL

I can just imagine a nervous fan walking up to Forrest.
"Um, Hi, I'm a big fan, and um.. I don't really know how to say this.. but your package looks great."

Damn, now I really wanna meet Forrest.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
I watched the last UFC with my girlfriend, she referred to Clay Guida as a caveman a few times - I think I agree, Clay might have Forrest beat. It can make for some interesting discussion points.

Big 'heart', gate-keeping, whose the most caveman. Puppetdoll fighting like Bonnar and Guida.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I bet he is a cool ass guy. You could probably just shoot the shyt with him. I wouldnt want to do the whole 20 question about UFC thing, he gets that from anyone. Id just try to talk to him about other stuff. Id be more interested in what other stuff he likes besides fighting, what he does for fun, and ask for any crazy stories im sure he has them.

·
Registered
977 Posts
funny cover picture..

i am really thinking about ordering those two books now(got fight and this one) ..

but i have a problem if somebody here could help would be great..

and the problem is i am a bad reader i never finish a book or even start reading any .. would not want to pay for something i wont even read.. and on top of that i am losing interest on MMA rapidly.. but forrest seems like a funny and interesting person..

would this new book or even got fight get me into reading (i am hoping it would).. anyone here who could make a judgement on that maybe?

thanks..

edit.. sorry for asking another question in your thread man.. have never met him and as you can see i have my own worries.. a cool thing that you are going to meet him.. everything else will fall into place naturally i think.. if i could see him in person i would probably just forget everything i ever wanted to ask him.. i guess i could call myself a fan of his so good luck with ya meeting and tell him to visit austria more precise vienna soon..

·
Premium Member
5,330 Posts
Got fight is pretty unimpressive. A book for the sake of a book. In the beginning he goes on about how self help books are for losers and women, and then in the end of it he talks about some self help book that he lives by. A very disappointing contradiction as you read it.
Stick to fighting Forrest!!

·
I'm a doctor too, ya dingus.
215 Posts
meeting your favorite fighter isn't going to be disappointing! if you're his fanboy you probably know enough about him and his life not to have too unrealistic expectations. when you read enough about and see enough of a person you can get a general sense for what they're like even if you don't know them.

how are you getting to meet him? interview or something?

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
I bet he is a cool ass guy. You could probably just shoot the shyt with him. I wouldnt want to do the whole 20 question about UFC thing, he gets that from anyone. Id just try to talk to him about other stuff. Id be more interested in what other stuff he likes besides fighting, what he does for fun, and ask for any crazy stories im sure he has them.
This. And I'd want him to say "There will be no clapping", and tell me about all the crazy ass stuff he saw when he was a cop.

·
Baddest Man Alive
671 Posts
I got to meet Forrest outside of the hotel that all the ufc guys were staying at directly after UFN18 in Nashville. He was pretty cool. He seemed to have a long going on in his head though. He signed stuff for my girlfriend and I and took pics but wasnt really interested. It was still a pleasure as it always is. Ive met quite a few fighters at UFN18, the Strikeforce Nashville weighins, and going to the HIT Squad grand opening. Renzo Gracie, Matt Hughes, and Mark Coleman were some of the coolest. But the absolute most awesome fighter that I met was Dean Lister. He was cornering King Mo for his title fight. We wanted to get Mo's autograph so Dean was like "follow us to the hotel and well get you set up." So it was Dean, King Mo, my g/f and I walking down the streets of Nashville. It was really sweet.

so in short, meeting Forrest at an appearance should be awesome. Meeting him at the hotel was plenty cool enough since he did sign my affliction shirt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.