Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Sean Sherk

Votes: 11 64.7%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is who sherk will lose the belt to..melvin is the real deal..he just as explosive as sherk . except hes got height and reach on sherk, better strikes..and i think he will be able to grapple with sherk too...this is a bad match up for sherk..i think melvin puts sherk to sleep

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did u guys seee how bad melvin was giving it to neer b4 getting caught in a submission..and that was at 170..he is a huge lightweight..and i think he will give sherk alot of trouble..his athleticism is second to none, and sherk wont have the advantage in speed or power...i think this match up favors melvin

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
jdun11 said:
did u guys seee how bad melvin was giving it to neer b4 getting caught in a submission..and that was at 170..he is a huge lightweight..and i think he will give sherk alot of trouble..his athleticism is second to none, and sherk wont have the advantage in speed or power...i think this match up favors melvin
I agree man, as much as I hate Guillard and as much as I like Sherk, Guillard unfortunately stands a great chance at beating Sherk. He's very experienced and was at a different weight class than he's used to for the TUF show. As a lightweight this guy is a beast and a force to be reckoned with. On the other hand, he's a douchebag as a person. He'll go far in the LW division and it's very feezable that he can beat Sherk.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
No contest. Sherk would dominate him. takedown and then some GnP should finish melvin off.
and are you kidding me....sherk won't have the advantage in speed or power?:laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
doublelegtakedown said:
No contest. Sherk would dominate him. takedown and then some GnP should finish melvin off.
and are you kidding me....sherk won't have the advantage in speed or power?:laugh:
i dont think he would..id say it would be pretty even..noones ever seen sherk at this weight he might not look good at 155

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
jdun11 said:
i dont think he would..id say it would be pretty even..noones ever seen sherk at this weight he might not look good at 155
Maybe not. but He is a frigging beast! He is incredibly strong! You seen his takedowns and slams!:thumbsup:

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
jdun11 said:
If Melvin ever fought Sherk, both he and Kenflo will share the same room at the hospital!

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MMA freak said:
Are you joking? Melvin isn't the real deal and all that. Yes he was killing Josh Neer but then he started to slack off and he lost. And Josh Neer is nothing great. Melvin comes out on fire, really athletic but then he gets worse and worse as the fight moves on. Sean Sherk has what it takes to keep up with him and I think Sherk has better speed. Plus Sherks fights all end in decision or the third round and higher and Guillard can't last that long.
you make a great point about melvin starting strong, and than gassing..im not saying this is an easy win for melvin..its just u guys seem to think sherk is unbeatable at this weight, and i disagree..this fight probably wont happen for about a year ne way and by that time..melvin will have improved even more, and i think he could take sherk..im not 100% sure about it but I think he stands the best chance, other than bj of course

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MMA freak said:
You are correct that a lot of people over rate Sherk but there is no proof that any lightweight in the UFC can beat him after he took Hughes to the distance and beat Diaz pretty badly. The only person I say who has a chance against Sherk is Pulver.
i think sherk is a bad match up for pulver..sherk would win a unanimous decision pretty easily imo

·
Registered
669 Posts
lol another TUF lover.

Dude, Sherk has probably the best takedowns in the UFC. Guillard is sloppy, he has pretty good standup but he's like a big dumb bull that just charges at people.

I like Guillard, but really who has he dominated other then Rick Davis? lol

·
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
5,066 Posts
I like Guillard because of his explosiveness. The guy is fun to watch. Sherk would certainly give him a great fight. If Sherk gets it to the ground which is very likely it is over for Guillard. If it stays up then Guillard has a great chance. At 155 I have to give it to Guillard though because I haven't seen Sherk there. Pulver will own that belt and hold it for a long time. He is a damn good lightweight, not unbeatbale but damn good.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sherk=very Boring......i Would Rather Watch Melvin Fight Rather Than Sherk Anyday..so What If He Took Matt Huges The Distance, He Lost And Wasnt Really That Close..yea He Beat Karo Twice, But After Seeing An Athlete Like Gsp Dominate Him, I Think Melvin Could Use His Athleticism And Make This A Great Fight

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I think if Sherk hit SYLVIA he would put him to sleep LOL thats how hard this dude throws. Well maybe not Sylvia, but a Melvin GUillard, as much as that fight would be bad ass, I think it would be an early night for Mel

·
Registered
669 Posts
jdun11 said:
Sherk=very Boring......i Would Rather Watch Melvin Fight Rather Than Sherk Anyday..so What If He Took Matt Huges The Distance, He Lost And Wasnt Really That Close..yea He Beat Karo Twice, But After Seeing An Athlete Like Gsp Dominate Him, I Think Melvin Could Use His Athleticism And Make This A Great Fight

Ok, how about we used better descriptions then "Atheleticism" lol

The reason GSP won was because he has probably the 2nd best takedown defence in the UFC, chuck haven the #1 best imo. Guillard has some takedown defence but if im going to look at who has better i would say Karo probably has better takedown defense and he dominate Karo twice.

BTW after the fight GSP talked about sherk and said it actually hit the punch shirt anywhere other then the face, he said all the muscle made i feel like he was punching a wall.

Guillard is to unexpierenced to fight a guy like sherk, it would end with sherk takeing melvin down and then melvin would start to get worryed and turn his back trying to get out of it and sherk would end it there.

Don't get me wrong Guillard is fun as hell to watch and he's going to be a good fighter, but he's not smart enough yet, he's lucky he faught rick davis who looked like a punching bag. Guys like Spencer Fischer, Pulver, Yves and other fighters have a better chance against sherk because they are expeirenced and they know how to keep there composure(sp?).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts