Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
This was a GREAT UFC event. The ones that don't have a lot of big names typically turn out to be the most entertaining.
^Yup. See UFC 108 and UFC 115. Granted, there weren't many people talking bad about this card.

Kind of saw it coming though, because a lot of the fighters on this card were the type that are always in great wars (Stephan and Chris come to mind)

All in all, best card since 100 bar none in my humble opinion. I love this sport, the brand, and Joe Silva. :thumbsup:

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
the submission wasn't that surprising me and some other guy, i can't remember his name where talking about it in the pros pick thread. because in just about every brock training vids it had him going for submissions and brocks camp came out an said before frank fought carwin "don't be surprised if brock takes franks arm home"

·
Call Me King
419 Posts
It was an amazing card, the fights were back and forth, and tons of finishes, the way I love it.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Normally these over-hyped events fail to deliver, but man, this card couldn't have gone much better, was an awesome night of fights. There was not 1 bad fight on the card, was just incredible. Great stuff from the UFC, they continue to step up and put on superb fight cards. Love it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
lol.. i have a theory where every 6 ufcs turn out to be awesome.. ufc 116, ufc 110, ufc 104, ufc 98.. lol.. but seriously unbelievable night of fights.. so glad i ordered it..

·
Registered
615 Posts
UFC 95 didnt contain any huge fights but all the fights were really good imo

·
Registered
274 Posts
Best card in a long while, and with Fedor's loss the commentators had no reserves in name the winner of the main event "baddest man on the planet" (who came up with this bs line anyway).

Events seem to be favoring Dana in his fight against Strikeforce, I wonder how much this will hurt them.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Easily my favourite ever MMA event, every single fight was top notch entertainment.

Took a hammering once again in the V-bookie, really not having much fun with that lately but happy to take the hit!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was extremely excited for this event. From the prelims (I'm a Seth and Schaub fan) to the event itself the only match I wasn't into (at first) was Leben/Sexyama. Then those two guys came out and really put on a Hell of a fight. So all in all, this UFC was by far my favorite event in a long time.

I can't see how Silva/Sonnen will possibly match this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts