Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Torres is amazing. I think he may be exagerating his 40-1 record, but he's one helluva fighter. Great hands, great submissions, pretty good takedowns. I don't think there's anyone at 135 that can fight him, not just because of his skill, but because of his intelligence. He always knows what he has to do to win a fight, that's why he's the best at 135 right now.

·
Crazy Kicker
957 Posts
its a shame these guys get to covrege like the highter up guys. i mean its just now the lightweight are getting some coverge

·
Registered
204 Posts
mmm104104 said:
Do you think there is anyone outthere who could fight him ???

take a look at his site - www.torresmartialarts.com
I heard he was pretty impressive......Manny Tapia is also a great 135lbs fighter and if guys like mark hominick, Ivan Menjivar or Urijah Faber would be able to handle him

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
woah wtf there is a 135 weight class!?!??!?! not to offedn anyone whos a fan of it but isnt that kinda pushing it a little we might start watching midgets fight in mma soon lol jk

·
Crazy Kicker
957 Posts
aznmaniac0909 said:
woah wtf there is a 135 weight class!?!??!?! not to offedn anyone whos a fan of it but isnt that kinda pushing it a little we might start watching midgets fight in mma soon lol jk
dude...that's was so dumb. If you where 5"1 and a fighter would u want to fight at 155...no

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Choke_Wire said:
dude...that's was so dumb. If you where 5"1 and a fighter would u want to fight at 155...no
im just saying in my personal opinion there shouldnt be weight classes that are too high just like there shouldnt be ones that are too low or mma starts looking like a freak show (giant silva)

·
Crazy Kicker
957 Posts
135 is not to low. thoughs guys are ripped and would kick my ass

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Mark Hominick is ranked the best 145 in the world and he walks around 140 pounds. Two hours of sauna and he is the best 135 in the world. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
herton17 said:
Mark Hominick is ranked the best 145 in the world and he walks around 140 pounds. Two hours of sauna and he is the best 135 in the world. :thumbsup:
Homonick is not the best 145 pound fighter in the world yet...He will be one day as he is only 24 but he used to fight at 139lbs before when he was a kick boxer. He doesn't walk around at 140 though I know personally man the guy is 5"9 walks around 155 then cuts10 lbs when he fights at 145 and stays the same when he fights at 155 in the UFC.

·
Registered
204 Posts
herton17 said:
you know mark ? really? you go to hardknocks?
Well now called team thompkins yeah I used to when I lived in london man
went to see those guys fight all the time Sam stout, Chris Horodecki, Mark Hominick, kryztof Sosynski
....are you from london?

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
I did some backround on Torres. I came up with 16-1 on sherdog. He may have a few more than that, but I wouldn't go far beyond 20-1. Still, a fantastic and well rounded fighter.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
The MuscleShark said:
Well now called team thompkins yeah I used to when I lived in london man
went to see those guys fight all the time Sam stout, Chris Horodecki, Mark Hominick, kryztof Sosynski
....are you from london?
Yeah dude...It still has the sign "Hardknocks" at the door though...

·
Lights Out
1,826 Posts
does anyone have any fights of him. i herad his name in countdown to ufc 62 and looked up his record very inmpersive.

·
Registered
204 Posts
herton17 said:
Yeah dude...It still has the sign "Hardknocks" at the door though...

Yeah I know it does

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
aznmaniac0909 said:
im just saying in my personal opinion there shouldnt be weight classes that are too high just like there shouldnt be ones that are too low or mma starts looking like a freak show (giant silva)
my buddy mike easton is like 5'5. he is ripped and weighs 135, so he should have to fight at 155 because you think he is too small? my muay thai coach is the same too. so if a guy is small he has no place in mma as far as you are concerned? i think they will end up with a 145 div in ufc. the lw is getting so big, and there are alot of guys out there that would be better of in a lower weight class. check out this ko. this is mike easton he is 135.
http://www.lloydirvin.com/Images_2004/MikeEaston2004.MPG
heres some more of mike..Lloyd Irvin's Martial Arts Academy let the video buffer all the way to watch it uninterupted..mike is going to fight miguel sometime next year i think. he was supposed to fight him a little while back, but something got screwed up. he is going to brazil before the end of the year to fight one of the guys from brazilian top team in vale tudo.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts