Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ya good interview.

Since I know there's alot of UK mma fans on here it looks likes the UFC is in London Oct 16th. That is of course only based on the start of this interview.. I haven't heard anything elsewhere.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
lol... yeah. I remember he was on the countdown show for his fight with Silva as well, and did the same. He was condemning a fighter for circling towards their oppenents strong side, then saracstically asked "who would do that?"
Dont get why so many people hate on bisping, although it seems much less as of late. Hes always been a joker and can take a joke just as good as he can dish one out.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Dont get why so many people hate on bisping, although it seems much less as of late. Hes always been a joker and can take a joke just as good as he can dish one out.
He used to have more to say before Hendo humbled him, and he generally gets people's backs up. People are entitled to opinions, and most opinions of him aren't great. Not much of a coincidence. I think guys that talk trash and act tough need to sometimes back it up, and Bisping hasn't done that against anyone noteworthy, so he just goes down as a gobby scouser who's bark is louder than his bite. He certainly hasn't helped himself by doing stupid crap like telling Hammill to get back to wrestling after Hammill beat him, and squirting people in the face with water.

Granted some of the Bisping hate is over the top, but there's enough reason for him not to be well recieved by the fans, imo, mainly for the aforementioned acts. I don't really care either way, he tends to keep it more quiet these days but hindsight is a wonderful thing and if he knew he wasn't good enough to mix it up with the top fighters perhaps he would have been more humble from the outset. Just a few points to consider.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
He used to have more to say before Hendo humbled him, and he generally gets people's backs up. People are entitled to opinions, and most opinions of him aren't great. Not much of a coincidence. I think guys that talk trash and act tough need to sometimes back it up, and Bisping hasn't done that against anyone noteworthy, so he just goes down as a gobby scouser who's bark is louder than his bite. He certainly hasn't helped himself by doing stupid crap like telling Hammill to get back to wrestling after Hammill beat him, and squirting people in the face with water.

Granted some of the Bisping hate is over the top, but there's enough reason for him not to be well recieved by the fans, imo, mainly for the aforementioned acts. I don't really care either way, he tends to keep it more quiet these days but hindsight is a wonderful thing and if he knew he wasn't good enough to mix it up with the top fighters perhaps he would have been more humble from the outset. Just a few points to consider.
I was actually a fan of Bisping on the show. This is when I started disliking Bisping and he's only made it worse ever since with his big mouth. I'll always be on the Bisping fail-wagon thankyaverymuch!

·
Banned
5,115 Posts

Gobby scouser? What? Please tell me your not from England and think Mike is a scouser. Hes not from liverpool lol and his accent sounds any thing but scouse.

Bisping talks a little trash, hypes up fights and he can take it when it all falls back on him. Hes always making jokes about the Hendo KO. Bisping is just a joker, nothing more, nothing less, he respects his opponents, he made an amateur mistake when saying the hamill wrestling shit post fight. Dont we all say silly stuff in the heat of the moment? Im not going to hate on a guy for a few "oops he shouldnt of done that" moments in his career. We all do dumb shit.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
lol yeah my bad on that one. Didn't engage brain when i wrote scouser. His accent is closer to scouse than what you'll find down south though, but that's not why I got it wrong. I know he's not a scouser, he's got more of a manc accent hasn't he?

As for the rest of what you said. You don't, but some do, just the way it is mate.

·
The American Dream
586 Posts
Who would win with Belcher vs Bisping?

·
Registered
603 Posts
lol... yeah. I remember he was on the countdown show for his fight with Silva as well, and did the same. He was condemning a fighter for circling towards their oppenents strong side, then saracstically asked "who would do that?"
He's a bit cocky, so some people give him some stick but has a great personality on the whole.
He comes out with some cracking jokes too.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
lol yeah my bad on that one. Didn't engage brain when i wrote scouser. His accent is closer to scouse than what you'll find down south though, but that's not why I got it wrong. I know he's not a scouser, he's got more of a manc accent hasn't he?

As for the rest of what you said. You don't, but some do, just the way it is mate.
lol i thought it was odd. Yea, hes more manc. I can understand why people dont like his some times cocky attitude but i dont think it does enough to warrant the over whelming amount of hate he gets. Guys like tito ortiz are the real dick heads.

I get called a newfie, he can be called a scouser.

Thank you for this vid. Very interested to see all Bisping has to say leading up to next saturday.
Nah man. Scousers and mancs hate each other. If you walked up to a manc and start saying he sounded scouse, you'd probably get a slap lol.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
I can see why Mike gets peoples backs up, I used to dislike him, I think the Hendi KO was the best thing to happen to him. He has actually become pretty likeable since. Still think he needs a win over a top 10 guy to deserve the status he has.
Plus LOL at the scouse comments! I dunno the American equivalent but NEVER call a Manc a scouser if you know what's good for you!

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
Nah man. Scousers and mancs hate each other. If you walked up to a manc and start saying he sounded scouse, you'd probably get a slap lol.
yeah, and when someone from alberta calls me a newfie, i give them a slap too. Newfies live on a rock. I live on nice soil and lush forests.

more on topic: I am getting really excited for this fight. I want to see if Bisping will be aggressive and try to finish Miller, or if we will see a pitter patter fest. I've always thought Bisping's stand-up style was entertaining to watch, I'm just wondering if he is going to be able to pull it all together if there is fear of going to the ground. I just think that this is a really good, really evenly matched fight and it might be my most anticipated of next week.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.