Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This would be interesting. YOu guys think he would make a good transition from boxing to MMA? Please share your thoughts.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Socko said:
This would be interesting. YOu guys think he would make a good transition from boxing to MMA? Please share your thoughts.

He's a bit old now...but Tyson vs Chuck Liddel would be pretty cool.

·
Registered
47 Posts
read about it in wikipedia, mike tyson will fight in Pride. but only boxing rules, not MMA rule. I would love to see him go MMA.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...Tyson wouldn't make it in Pride or the UFC. He's too old to start learning Martial Arts. MMA fighters have been doing the arts since childhood. He's Boxing again, getting his own PPV's. I doubt he will get into the MMA world. He knows he can make more money in Pro Boxing. Besides, Rampage would eat Tyson for breakfast! Tyson has never been slammed before...or experienced a nasty ground & pound by Quinton...lol

·
Registered
354 Posts
Organik said:
thatd be awesome and draw thousands of fans.. BUT

I remember Bob Sapp Calling out Iron Mike
Yea, I watched this on youtube yesterday but couldn't get the sound to work. What was that all about? Sapp was like charging at Tyson in the ring going nuts and Tyson was all chill as like 15 dudes were holding Bob back.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Mike Tyson would have no chance on the ground. If someone got him down, its over. But one punch from Tyson, with those small gloves on is lethal. I dont think many would be able to take Tyson standing up.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...Scat...you do have a good point. Mike still has that massive KO power. Yeah with 4oz gloves on...Tyson could put some fighters to sleep if he connects....Man...a Tyson/Liddell punch for punch, chin for chin stand up?
...dang now that would be something to see!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts