Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I agree, I'd rather see an intriguing matchup that I havent seen rather than a fight I've already seen that had a very decisive outcome.

·
Gone Fishing
4,534 Posts
If the fight was CC replacing Mir than I would call it genius. This, not so much. The writer downplays Nogs accomplishments and pokes fun at his age when Cro Cop(I love him btw) is older and has been far less impressive in the UFC. CC and Nog should have been the fight from the start.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
If the fight was CC replacing Mir than I would call it genius. This, not so much. The writer downplays Nogs accomplishments and pokes fun at his age when Cro Cop(I love him btw) is older and has been far less impressive in the UFC. CC and Nog should have been the fight from the start.
Except Mir didn't already beat the dog snot out of Crocop, and Crocop hasn't lost two fights in nearly the same way (Nog losing to Mir and Cain, showing he didn't learn much).

Styles make fights.

·
The Title Guy
18,060 Posts
Yeah Cro Cop's only recent loss was from a punch to the eye, even though it probably would've been a unanimous decision loss!:(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Except Mir didn't already beat the dog snot out of Crocop, and Crocop hasn't lost two fights in nearly the same way (Nog losing to Mir and Cain, showing he didn't learn much).

Styles make fights.
Nog had a bad case of staph in his fight with Mir which IMO had a huge effect on his performance.

Crocop has done NOTHING to impress me in the UFC. He only won his last fight because Barry was too starstruck to finish the fight.

·
Registered
977 Posts
All aside in that fight but Barry broke almost everything.. like that you only finish in a hospital.. without those injuries he could/should have won..

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Mir KO Cro Cop.......

·
Registered
977 Posts
That is more possible then that Jesus would wanna let you kill anybody.. ya know.. Jesus loves us all (even the bastards)..

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
That is more possible then that Jesus would wanna let you kill anybody.. ya know.. Jesus loves us all (even the bastards)..
You didn't see it?

Mir Ko Cro Cop = Mirko Cro Cop.

It was just a joke.

Reactions: Thelegend

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
^ i seriously hope that play on words does not result in mir actually getting the ko.....
I doubt Frank will get the KO a sub is far more likely. If Pat Barry couldn't finish Mirko after he landed flush twice I don't see Mir getting the KO.

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
Nog had a bad case of staph in his fight with Mir which IMO had a huge effect on his performance.

Crocop has done NOTHING to impress me in the UFC. He only won his last fight because Barry was too starstruck to finish the fight.
I heard a couple of conflicting things re: Nog's staph. One, that he had a bad case of it, and two, that he was recovering but somewhat weakened; which is it?

Somehow I don't see a guy like Pat Barry being remotely shaken, let alone starstruck, by anybody.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Can someone please show me what they see in Frank Mir that makes them believe he'll beat Cro Cop?

Frank Mir:
-Slow average stand up that you can predict from a mile away.
-Non existent take downs.
-The worst game planner I've ever seen.
-Still can't decide on what weight he wants to stay at.
-Weak mental game
-Great BJJ

Cro Cop:
-Also has a weak mental game
-Not as quick as he used to be
-Great striking
-Still has devastating kicks
-Good chin (went toe to toe with JDS and Barry)
-Great TDD

I might be a tad biased but I don't see what Frank Mir has to offer other. He has some great BJJ but what good does that do you when you can't take someone down.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Mir is bigger than Cro Cop plus the BJJ.

Then again, on this forum, you would think a 4-7 scrub with no skills that weighs 265lbs would demolish GSP for no other reason other than the fact that they are in different weight classes.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I agree this is a great matchup. Mir's stand up has improved more than any other fighter i can think of in the heavyweight division. He went from borderline horrible striking to striking good enough to compete with some of the best. keyword:COMPETE not saying he could knockout a junior dos santos but hey anythings possible since he knocked down kongo. With that said, a fight against cro-cop will truly be an opportunity to really show his stand up talent.
Now on the other side of things, its been cro-cop whos improved his ground game to be able to compete with some of the best. Hes not as technical as Mir but his ground skills are greatly underrated and usually not on display. With both guys becoming more and more well rounded and becoming better symbols of a complete mixed martial artist, I must say i am VERY excited for this showdown of two greats. Although I love Cro Cop, Im pulling for mir on this one. I want to see Mir vs Lesnar 3 eventually and I hate when certain rivalries are kept at 1-1.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
I

Somehow I don't see a guy like Pat Barry being remotely shaken, let alone starstruck, by anybody.
I thought he said he was a little shake up but only because he broke both his hand and foot in the first?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts