Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Voormalig PRIDE ster, Mirko Cro Cop was gisteravond samen met Pat Barry in een teleconference call. Daar liet hij zijn respect blijken voor Pat Barry, zijn volgende tegenstander. Hij geeft toe dat hij liever mensen die respect voor de sport en tegenstander hebben tegenkomt, dan mensen die een tough-guy houding hebben.

“I never met Pat but definitely I like the guy. Not because he said I was one of his favourite fighters and he says he wants my autograph! I don’t know if he was joking about that or not, but I like him. He is very polite. He is a good sportsman.”

“I don’t like this tough guy attitude of fighting at the press conference, spitting at each other. This is just a sport and I like guys who act like a sportsman. He is a good fighter and a good striker, that’s what I like. I like to fight with the strikers, I prefer to stay in a stand-up position. Patrick will stay in the stand-up position, it will be a good stand-up war and the audience should be very satisfied with the fight.”

“I think there will be many Croatian fans. There is a strong Croatian community there and there will be many Croatian flags. What fighter can wish more than that? A good opponent and an excellent audience. That‘s all I can wish.”

De twee heren staan tegenover elkaar tijdens UFC 115, volgend week zaterdag in Vancouver, Canada. Met een overwinning voor Cro Cop zal hij zich in de Heavyweight divisie kunnen aarden, na de matige start van zijn UFC carrière.

http://mistermma.com/mirko-cro-crop-vindt-pat-barry-een-goede-sportman/

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Mirko's such a classy guy. Really hope he regains his form and takes out Barry with another highlight reel finish. Would love nothing more than to see 1 more Cro Cop LHK KO.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
Mirko's such a classy guy. Really hope he regains his form and takes out Barry with another highlight reel finish. Would love nothing more than to see 1 more Cro Cop LHK KO.
I don't see Mirko ever regaining his former glory. Not with the level of American wrestling in the UFC, but Mirko is certainly classy. He'll always be in my top, all time favorites. I actually rooted for him when he fought Fedor.

Big Nog & Mirko are the last two men to ever go the distance with Fedor, if I'm not mistaken.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
I hope his legs are back to 100% like he says they are, and that they were the reason he was holding back on the trigger.

I guess we'll find out this Sat! :D

·
Abusive
1,806 Posts
You are exactly right, Mirko is a classy dude, and we need more people like him in the sport. Unfortunately, classiness comes with experience, and understanding of the sport. There are too many people coming into this sport thinking that because they have a big name on the street, they're going to be good in the Octagon. By the way, I'm not talking about Kimbo. Kimbo is a very classy and respectful fighter, also.

On a side note, I too, want to see a highlight reel finish, and by the sound of Pat Berry in his last interview, he would be happy to be apart of it, aside from the loss.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I love the mutual respect between Cro Cop and Barry. This attitude, among two dudes about to beat the shit out of each other, is a significant contribution to the reason why MMA fans are so passionate about their sport. I look forward to the fireworks on Saturday night.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
You are exactly right, Mirko is a classy dude, and we need more people like him in the sport. Unfortunately, classiness comes with experience, and understanding of the sport. There are too many people coming into this sport thinking that because they have a big name on the street, they're going to be good in the Octagon. By the way, I'm not talking about Kimbo. Kimbo is a very classy and respectful fighter, also.

On a side note, I too, want to see a highlight reel finish, and by the sound of Pat Berry in his last interview, he would be happy to be apart of it, aside from the loss.
Yes I am sure, absolutely positive Berry want's to be part of a highlight KO with him as the one KOed. LOL

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't see Mirko ever regaining his former glory. Not with the level of American wrestling in the UFC, but Mirko is certainly classy. He'll always be in my top, all time favorites. I actually rooted for him when he fought Fedor.

Big Nog & Mirko are the last two men to ever go the distance with Fedor, if I'm not mistaken.
Arona, Sobral but there you couldnt punch in the face when you are on ground, no elbows either.

Ow and Sam Schilt.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I really, really want Cro Cop to win, and if this was a few years ago there would be little doubt that he would. Pat Barry is just too explosive for the slow and tentative Cro Cop we have seen in the last few fights.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
If Mirko says his legs are back to 100%, that's good enough for me.

gonna DUMP my creds on Mirko, and pray!

150,000 on Mirko!

·
Earthquake Survivor
1,936 Posts
This is the perfect face vs face match up, with the whole story of fighting his Hero, it's a shame that Pat isn't a bigger name because if he was a more well known name and on a good winning streak this fight could've sold a lot more tickets.

It's a nice story, a good match up and i just can't wait for this fight.

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
I don't get my hopes up much any more on that point. However, a CC LHK would reaffirm my faith in humanity.

·
Administrator
15,546 Posts
I am SO SO SO sick of the trash talk between fights. I understand why it's there, but seriously, like every main event/fight there's trash talk going on these days.

It's a huge sigh of relief to see these two talking respectable to each other, it's rare these days.

Always was a Mirko fan, always will be a Mirko fan.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I am SO SO SO sick of the trash talk between fights. I understand why it's there, but seriously, like every main event/fight there's trash talk going on these days.

It's a huge sigh of relief to see these two talking respectable to each other, it's rare these days.

Always was a Mirko fan, always will be a Mirko fan.
Shogun/Machida, Edgar/Penn, Liddel/Franklin, Nog/Cain, Couture/Coleman...

They are from last bouts and all of them was respectfull to their opponent and comes to my mind instantly.

I think Rampage/Gayshard blinded your judgment :)

In overall I think that UFC fighters are very respectfull to each other. And in MMA in general

EDIT: To the topic: I love CC and I fell in love on HD Barry... This dude is awesome.. His line and face expresion when he said "But Im also Pat Barry" was briliant. I root for Pat coz he posibly has better future than Mirko ATM

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.