Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, heres the deal, you're starting a new MMA promotion and you have the first pick in the draft with UFC and PRIDE. Everybody is up for grabs, who do you take with the first pick to "carry the ball" so to speak with your company?

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good points, my pick would probably have been Tito, he does indeed equal ratings, not that Chuck doesnt, but Id have to go w/ Tito

·
LethalLLama
106 Posts
Fedor... so we can watch him chase japanese men around a ring and untie their shoes!!!! Also because he could be arguably the best HW champ EVER! He is marketable in a worldy sense and you could always "take the show on the road":thumbsup:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Fedor cant speak English. Starting an organization with a fighter who cant speak english would not be a good move. Look at the ufc, they had Franklin as MW champ and was perfect for that role, very marketable. Now they got Anderson, who cant speak english and they cant do jack with him promotion wise.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Fedor, because he is just amazing. Tito and Chuck are good on ratings but Fedor is just too damn good to pass up.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Fedor. Id play into some crazy Russian cliche'

·
Registered
49 Posts
BrAinDeaD said:
No :laugh:

Seriously, if I'd want my company to be successful, I'd probably pick up Matt Hughes as my first pick.
Good choice. He was the one I was thinking too. If i was starting a company in the US, Matt Hughes would be the my first pick. He is not super marketable, but he is a very safe choice.

If I were starting a more international company, I would pick Wanderlei. The UFC was very successful in selling AA, because they could market him as an inhuman animal. Wanderlei is ugly enough to be that animal. He could be taught enough english to piss off the audience, and people would pay to see him lose.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hopperman said:
Fedor cant speak English. Starting an organization with a fighter who cant speak english would not be a good move. Look at the ufc, they had Franklin as MW champ and was perfect for that role, very marketable. Now they got Anderson, who cant speak english and they cant do jack with him promotion wise.
I think that many people would pay to see Anderson (I would) he is a phenom I think that a lot of people are educated im MMA and would rather see top noch fighters than top noch sh*t talkers.

My vote would go to a 25 year old Bas Rutten

1 - 20 of 32 Posts