Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A rep for Sonnen confirmed Blauna Dian Sonnen died Wednesday after her mother was reportedly infected with listeria. She was born 10 weeks premature on Saturday.

"I am very sad to confirm the passing of Chael Sonnen’s baby daughter, Blauna Dian Sonnen," Sonnen's MMA rep told FOX411. "An investigation is underway as to how Brittany and Blauna were infected with Listeria. We are informed that two food product recalls occurred earlier this year in the Northwest region due to Listeria.

He added, "The family hopes to prevent any other families from contracting the disease. Representatives for the Sonnen family have already communicated with local, state and federal agencies."

Sonnen's wife remains "very ill." The Sonnen family is asking for "privacy during this very difficult time."

Sonnen and his wife have a son Thero, born in 2015.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/08/18/mma-fighter-chael-sonnens-newborn-daughter-dies.html
Sad news. I am sure Sonnen is right now suffering the very same pain of thousands of parents in the developing countries who also have lost their children due to some bacteria contamination.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I remember reading about this few years ago. I never liked Chael that much as a fighter, but his show is really great. This was devastating news. I was almost in the same situation when my baby was born. She had some problems and we had to give baby formula to her. It turned out that she was allergic to the first one we gave to her and we almost lost her. Our savior was organic formula of kendamil for babies. It is organic and really good for babies.It is sad that Chael had to go through this, there was another case when daughter of UFC fighter Walt Harris got killed, devastating...

·
The Title Guy
17,185 Posts
Yeah no one deserves something like this. You gotta figure that a guy who would take PEDs so he could get his wife pregnant would be devastated from something like this considering the lengths he'd go for children.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
I think the listeria outbreak was chobani yogurt or blue bell ice cream.

Those are the two brands I avoid due to listeria.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts

3:28

Chael's kids are adorable.

(On topic: boxing coaches might not know this but there are many successful boxers who led with their dominant hand IIRC.)

edit

Couldn't remember names off the top of my head. Had to look it up.

Vasyl Lomachenko and Andre Ward. Two boxers who fight leading with their dominant hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts