Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday, May. 28 2010 @ 7:00AM

Justin Davis noticed his friend Jarrod Wyatt acting strangely earlier in the day after drinking some wild mushroom tea. Davis left the Requa, California home, then returned early in the morning to pick up his dog. He instead found a grisly sight...

Wyatt, described as a 26-year-old cage fighter, was standing in the living room naked and bloodied with the brutalized body of his friend, Taylor Powell. Wyatt told Davis he was going to cut out Powell's heart.

Davis left to find a pay phone and call police. When deputies arrived, they found Wyatt on the couch with Powell's body. Most of his face had been removed. A eyeball was laying in the middle of the living room. There was a large cut in his chest, which Wyatt used to remove some of Powell's organs, including his heart. He told deputies that he had thrown the heart into a fire.

A coroner's report later revealed that Wyatt had ripped out Powell's heart while he was still alive, causing him to bleed to death. He'd also been brutally beaten. Indentations in the wall showed that Powell had his head repeatedly rammed into the wall.

Detectives found wild mushrooms in the kitchen, but there's been no indication if they played a role in Wyatt's behavior. As he was carted off to jail, Wyatt repeatedly told police that he'd killed Powell.
He's been charged with first-degree murder. (Special thanks to readers My and x3 for the tip.)

·
Great Googly Moogly!
1,407 Posts
Thread is in the wrong section first off.

I thought the thread title was a joke at first, like he said something to hurt his friend but jesus christ it turns out to be literal. That's a bit scary and it only goes to show you what humans are capable of when they are not in control of their minds. Regardless of it he was under the influence of shrooms or had flipped his lid, this is just a scary thing to read.

·
Resident Drunk
3,716 Posts
That's just totally insane! I've been on shrooms many times and I can tell you I never tried ripping any friend's eyes, ears, fingers, let alone a heart out. :confused03:

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I second that...
Word. That dude had to be on some much more severe hallucinogenic's to go that crazy. The worst stories that I know to be true involve people that took way to much acid and they didnt do anything even remotely similar to this crazy stuff. There had to be some serious issues along with some kind of ridiculous multiplier affect going on here. No way this was the result of Mushrooms or even any one drug that im familiar with.

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
You're more likely to see Aliens who tell you the mysterys of the Universe then you are to want to harm ANYTHING when on shrooms. The dude obviously had issues. I've done shrooms and LSD plenty of times and never wanted to hurt anyone, I just wanted to wear a robe and listen to music for the rest of my life in the Pleiades star system.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Holy crap! I though the title was some sort of euphemism for... I don't know. That's ******* awful. Sounds like a horror movie come true right there. Shrooms anyone?
No kidding, I figured it was something like the guy cheating on his wife and spilling the secret in front of everyone while he was high.

But this? ****, there are no words.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You're more likely to see Aliens who tell you the mysterys of the Universe then you are to want to harm ANYTHING when on shrooms. The dude obviously had issues. I've done shrooms and LSD plenty of times and never wanted to hurt anyone, I just wanted to wear a robe and listen to music for the rest of my life in the Pleiades star system.
Same here Bro...well except I don't always find my robe. I'm the most dangerous totally sober (fully cognitive and calculating), but even then, not enough to kill without provocation. He clearly had other demons battling within him. My condolences to that kids family. Its bad enough for a parent to bury a child, but in that condition...oh my goodness, I just couldn't imagine.

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
what kind of trip was he having to do that? like what was he actually thinking about? ohh no my friend is dying i will have to smash his head in to a wall a few times and rip out most of his organs to save him.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.