Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHich Ufc Fighter is a freak meaning they have something aside from skills? Such as athletically ability that is above average or can do something that the average fighter can't do such as BJ Penn freakish flexibility. I know everyone is skill technically but some fighters have something special that puts them above someone who is the same technically. Just wondering who is the most freakiest, from watching I came up with two Anderson, BJ Penn, I think anderson is more of a freak than BJ Penn...anyone else?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
You forgot to explain why anderson and penn are special to you. Is it penns physique?

Physique : Lesnar, Guillard, Carwin, Duffee, gsp

Striking : Silva, Machida, Shogun

Wrestling : Lesnar, gsp, maybe velasquez

Groundgame : Maia, Nogeuira

·
Registered
142 Posts
WHich Ufc Fighter is a freak meaning they have something aside from skills? Such as athletically ability that is above average or can do something that the average fighter can't do such as BJ Penn freakish flexibility. I know everyone is skill technically but some fighters have something special that puts them above someone who is the same technically. Just wondering who is the most freakiest, from watching I came up with two Anderson, BJ Penn, I think anderson is more of a freak than BJ Penn...anyone else?
brock lesnar, due to speed and athletic ability

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya forgot about lesnar that dude is animal even in his WWE days he could do thing atheltically that a man his size is not intended to do.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Brock Lesnars huuuge frame and ability to move very fast with all that mass.

BJ Penns chin / flexibity.

Andersons Silva's speed and reaction time is godly.

Shane Carwins punching power.

GSP's amazing athletic ability.

Those 5 imo all have very special abilities. And thats why they are all in my

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Not really. The NFL is full of guys his size that are just as athletic if not more.
what?? His physique is that of a offensive lineman or a defensive tackle. There is no one in the NFL today with that type of body that plays that position. Lesnar could have been a good NFL player if he had the time to actually train in that position. The vikings wanted to send him to NFL europe so he can develop, he didnt want to cause of being too far from family. There is a OLine player on the Patriots who was in the exact shoes Lesnar was in, just the pats decided to take a shot at him and trained him up for 2-3 years before he started...now hes one heck of a player.

There are other athletes like Terrell Owens who has a big body and has exceptional skill... dunno if you meant that? but no where near the bigger upper body that Lesnar has.

He is one of the biggest WRs in the NFL and probably the best physique across all positions.

·
Registered
773 Posts
How about Bones Jones, The guy has really long lims giving him a big reach advantage over anyone at 205.
This! A dude that uses his elbows like others utilise punches

·
Registered
78 Posts
what?? His physique is that of a offensive lineman or a defensive tackle. There is no one in the NFL today with that type of body that plays that position. Lesnar could have been a good NFL player if he had the time to actually train in that position. The vikings wanted to send him to NFL europe so he can develop, he didnt want to cause of being too far from family. There is a OLine player on the Patriots who was in the exact shoes Lesnar was in, just the pats decided to take a shot at him and trained him up for 2-3 years before he started...now hes one heck of a player.

There are other athletes like Terrell Owens who has a big body and has exceptional skill... dunno if you meant that? but no where near the bigger upper body that Lesnar has.

He is one of the biggest WRs in the NFL and probably the best physique across all positions.
No i meant it as stated. Look at some of the top def ends right now. Their huge and just as athletic as lesnar. Granted to the average joe yes they are all freaks but some of you guys tend to put describe Lesnar as if he's one of a kind in the whole world and no one can compare.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
No i meant it as stated. Look at some of the top def ends right now. Their huge and just as athletic as lesnar. Granted to the average joe yes they are all freaks but some of you guys tend to put describe Lesnar as if he's one of a kind in the whole world and no one can compare.
Yea there are a few amazing athletes at the DE position like Freeney,Allen and Peppers..not gonna name them all but they are no where near the size of Lesnar.

You cant compare Lesnar to a DE, compare him to a DT which was what he would be used as if he actually played.

·
Registered
196 Posts

you're talking about stephen neal, he is definately not in the same shape as lesnar, and he is about an average olineman, lesnar would probably be a better football player than neal

Yea there are a few amazing athletes at the DE position like Freeney,Allen and Peppers..not gonna name them all but they are no where near the size of Lesnar.

You cant compare Lesnar to a DE, compare him to a DT which was what he would be used as if he actually played.
julius peppers is 6'6" and 285

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
what does GSP have aside form godly technique like is he more athletic or stronger than anyone at 170?
The dude has like no body fat. He's a mountain of muscle with perfect genetics. He has the like the best frame you could ask for in a wrestler. And yes, he's freakishly athletic but, I think that's more of a testament to his hard work than anything.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.