Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,348 Posts
I like some manga/anime.

Have you ever seen something in manga/anime that might be useful in training MMA?

I'm thinking of making a thread about at least 1 thing. From Naruto. Partly for laughs.

·
Premium Member
6,348 Posts
It definitely is fiction. A lot of training methods fictional characters use could be harmful or dangerous to one's health.

Anyways. There is some content in manga battles that is interesting and based on science not many have heard of. You might be interested to see what I post later.

·
Premium Member
6,348 Posts
I never got very far through One Piece. Maybe I'll read through it and see if I can spot anything combat sciency. If I can find time. The marooned pirate who secretly cut off his own leg and ate it, was cool. That's all I remember.

I haven't paid much attention to anime/manga in over 5 years. I'm not certain if asian storytelling is healthy or unhealthy. Japan's birth rate and population are both on the decline and it is possible anime/manga has something to do with it. Of course western storytelling has potential to be damaging as well, even if people might not realize it.

·
The Title Guy
16,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It actually has more to do with that Otaku culture and the fact that they put careers first and had kids late and as a result could only have one kid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts