Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,348 Posts
Question.

If Yoel was forced to fight at a slow pace vs Israel Adesanya. Due to his cut @ 185 becoming more difficult with age.

Should Yoel consider moving up to 205 as we've seen older athletes like Daniel Cormier do.

·
The Title Guy
16,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought he would've done it after failing to make weight for both his interim title fight against Luke Rockhold and his title fight against Robert Whittaker but he didn't. Also there's the fact that in the US there is a super middleweight class at 195 now but the only major promotion that utilizes it is King of the Cage.

·
Premium Member
6,348 Posts
Cage Warriors has an event tomorrow in london.

Wonder if we'll see bot farms attack them for "spreading the plague".

The way the UFC was attacked for not closing down its events.

·
The Title Guy
16,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that if the Nevada State Athletic Commission had allowed the UFC to continue its' events at the UFC Apex similar to what the WWE is doing at the WWE Performance Center they'd continue. The problem is that the NSAC said they wouldn't continue and look where we're at.

·
Premium Member
6,348 Posts
There's so much unfair anti UFC and anti Dana White nonsense published in MMA media. (The reason I've called people "fake MMA journalists" for a long time now)

Dana get tons of heat from internet bot accounts and fake MMA journalists for going ahead with events. Other promotions do the same thing. They run their events and receive zero criticism.

I hope people recognize the double standard in place.

·
The Title Guy
16,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah in this case the UFC would be doing the events more for the benefit of the fighters and at home fans then for their benefit. Granted they'd still make money because of their various sources of revenue but the fighters are making money as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts