Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,909 Posts
Any thoughts on Germaine De Randamie saying she deserves more respect than she receives?

Our culture isn't really built on being respectful to others. Its revolves more around judging people negatively and throwing people under a bus as if everything was like jerry springer or the maury show.

I hope people realize those born and raised under that jerry springer worldstar hip hop culture may not be likely to show much respect anytime soon. Some grow up learning only how to destroy. Tear people and things down in a weak attempt at instant gratification. Only knowing how to criticize, attack and destroy is a crippling disorder. What it takes to have value in life is knowing more how to build things, rather than tear them down. Would people agree with that btw?

·
The Title Guy
17,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the problem with Germaine de Randamie is that while she deserves respect, she didn't do herself any favors when she refused to fight Cyborg despite her being cleared of the recent USADA issues. Ultimately she ended up fighting the featherweight champion in Amanda despite the fight being at bantamweight but it still caused an issue. Also while I support her 100%, she probably didn't do any favors in the current culture by publicly supporting law enforcement.

·
Premium Member
6,909 Posts
Imagine if GDR dropped her 145 lb belt in the trash when she vacated, like Razor Ruddock or Riddick Bowe did. Then said Cyborg is a garbage picker if won the title out of the trash can.

I don't know. In case anyone noticed many today have no respect for themselves or for human life. So it is hard to come by.

·
The Title Guy
17,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Germaine de Randamie while she did have several weird moments in her fight with Holly Holm is typically a respectful woman towards her opponents. Her refusing to fight Cyborg was another example of her being very weight in dodging an opponent. So going Alandra Blaze isn't something I would've seen her doing.

·
Premium Member
6,909 Posts
I 100% don't care if GDR ducked Cyborg.

Many fighters in the UFC have trouble finding fights cuz no 1 wants to fight them.

The best one so far was Nicco Montano holding the 125 lb belt from TUF saying Valentina didn't want to fight and was ducking her. That was epic.

·
The Title Guy
17,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I was never buying her getting her tonsils out as a full grown adult. She was just scared about the idea of fighting probably the most athletic woman in the UFC. Ultimately she paid for it cause her weight cut didn't go well and she got stripped of the title and is now fighting at bantamweight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts