Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Title Guy
16,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after I got participation from y'all for the MMA Freak Awards I decided to give this another go and allow you guys to help me decide the rankings for this month since as you know I do it at the end. So you can vote on the following divisions

Pound for Pound Fighters
Flyweight (125)
Bantamweight (135)
Featherweight (145)
Lightweight (155)
Welterweight (170)
Middleweight (185)
Light Heavyweight (205)
Heavyweight (265)

Here are some eligibility ground rules: Fighters who are inactive for over 12 months, on a PED suspension, or are retired are ineligible for the rankings. Also fighters can only be ranked in one weight class at a time unless they concurrently hold championships in different weight classes.

The rankings are for the top 10 of each weight class but five fighters will be noted as honorable mentions. I'll accept less though and even if you want to submit just select weight classes I'll accept that.

·
Premium Member
6,348 Posts
I guess the easiest method is to take the UFC's ranking lists & tweak them a little.

Aside from helping determine who is next in line to fight for the title, they aren't utilized much.

P4P rankings are the most broken and most in need of help.

·
The Title Guy
16,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Back when there was a large number of MMA Freak staff I would just average out the votes but since numbers are down I've had to kinda do my own thing which is of course subjective.

·
Premium Member
6,348 Posts
Fighting as a sport is kind of becoming a joke.

With many athletes not being very smart or good role models.

Even Deontay Wilder is refusing to accept responsibility for his loss.

Its hard to respect that.

·
Premium Member
6,348 Posts
Hahahahaha. Did you really?

I suspect making excuses could be what happens when people mentally break, on some level, and give up.

Looks like we're all headed for some type of societal decline.. It sucks.

·
The Title Guy
16,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's just the natural progression of life. I had to watch my grandmother mentally decline before she became bedridden and then my mom had to watch her die. Currently my great grandmother (her mother in law) also in the process of going downhill as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts