Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have started MMA a few weeks ago and I have decided that its time to buy a pair of MMA gloves. Any recommendations?

·
Invictus Maneo
983 Posts
Do not buy regular MMA fight gloves for training... get training gloves, I know MMA.tv has a hybrid MMA glove made for training... I'm picking a pair up as soon as im not broke

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hybrid gloves what are they ? sorry I'm new. Most people in the place where I go all seem to have normal MMA gloves though, the class doesn't really consist of much stand up its mainly take downs and ground and pound. The stand up is done in the Muay Thai class

·
Invictus Maneo
983 Posts
hybrid gloves look just like pro fight gloves except they have more padding...
Hybrid Gloves <--These gloves are basicaly the same as the ones on MMA.tv but made out of a synthetic material instead of letaher im pretty sure.. check them out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh I see they look pretty good them Ill have a look into them :) I was thinking of Sandee gloves because they seem quite popular. opinions?

·
Invictus Maneo
983 Posts
Ah, those are just normal fight gloves, if you're not doing and serious striking with them they wouldn't be a bad idea to help get use to grappling with gloves on, but i wouldn't hit a bag, MMA spar with them due to the chance of hurting your training partner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well in the mma class it is just mainly light striking and grappling so I think they should be fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.