1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
28 Posts
I checked it out. I like the endurance stuff, will start doing all the stuff that doesnt use a medicine ball, as I have a lack thereof. Interesting that he talks down roadwork so much.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, he seems pretty anti-running, but at least he backs his claims with some data.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, it's true. Although don't misinterpret what I said as anger or disappointment, cos I hate running, plus he makes a lot of sense.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ill have to try this. I hate running and this doesnt have it hardly at all

·
Registered
28 Posts
maxtheripper said:
i dont like the fact theres no running it helps conditions your legs for kicks
I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with your comment. The idea that running would IMPROVE your kicking ability is ridiculous. If you knew anything about muscle conditioning, you'd understand that running is an aerobic activity, kicking is in no way going to be improved by it. Squats, Jump squats and leg exercises like that would do a MUCH better job of increasing the speed & intensity of your kicks. If running is the only training you give your legs, your wasting a lot of kicking potential. Please note that I do run, I just have different, more logical, things I wish to achieve.

·
Registered
101 Posts
what i meant is for taking leg kicks it hardens them up u dont even have to run fast the thais have been doing it for years and it works for me i also do alot of other training for my legs

·
Registered
575 Posts
maxtheripper said:
what i meant is for taking leg kicks it hardens them up u dont even have to run fast the thais have been doing it for years and it works for me i also do alot of other training for my legs
running does not harden you leg to help check kicks.... conditioning of the legs is done through bag work or tapping. this kills the nerves and helps build the bones due to the healing. running will not harden the bones like thai fighters

·
Registered
101 Posts
i just read through this again and it really is a pretty good workout i would change it a little and do one longer 5 mile run a week just to mix things up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts