Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
.:Jeet Kune Do:.
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is a credible source or not but here it is..

MMABay has learned from a source close to the situation that UFC heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar could be about to pull out of his UFC 116 showdown with Shane Carwin in just over one weeks time due to some sort of injury sustained during training.

A source close to the mammoth fighter spoke to MMABay earlier today, explaining there was some sort of problem and that a withdrawal from the fight, dubbed as the biggest heavyweight clash in UFC history, seemed likely.

After further investigation is seems that heavyweight knockout artist, Junior dos Santos could be pulled from his UFC 117 showdown with Roy Nelson to fill in on July 3rd, facing Carwin for the interim heavyweight title. Stay with us as we attempt to get 100% confirmation on the situation.

By Michael Pepper. (Follow me on Twitter)

Why not tell us what you think about this story and get your thoughts featured in this week’s Mailbag? Email [email protected], start the subject with the word ‘MAILBAG’ and we’ll post our favourites this Friday.
http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2010/06/23/...c-116-junior-dos-santos-waiting-in-the-wings/

·
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mmabay is the worst media source out there, but i do hope this isn't accurate.
I didn't know how credible they are i saw this and made sure to post to see if anyone else knows anything haha

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I didn't know how credible they are i saw this and made sure to post to see if anyone else knows anything haha
Yeah. 'A source close to...' is about as useful as saying the editor's gardener provided the information.

It will suck big time for Brock if it's true, he's going to be so rusty.

·
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Delete this thread!!!

Posting on his Twitter account, Lesnar’s manager, Brian Stegeman said:

“Just spoke to Lesnar’s manager, Brian Stegeman. He said the reports are 100 percent FALSE. He’s better than ever, Stegeman said”

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts

“Just spoke to Lesnar’s manager, Brian Stegeman. He said the reports are 100 percent FALSE. He’s better than ever, Stegeman said”
OK good. I am happy that I don't have to go to a proctologist now...

·
Banned
820 Posts

Thank Jebus!

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
hahahaha i wouldn't have mind seeing Dos Santos vs Carwin but id rather see this fight
Yeah it would be a good fight but I want this fight so much more it is not even funny. Will answer so many questions as well as that card would be dissapointing not because the fights would not be good but because Wandy already had to pull out. I would be thinking throughout the entire thing that this is not as good as it could have been.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Considering Dana's made it clear that Velasquez is the one on hold in case of injury, not JDS, I knew this was going to be a false report. Can never trust anything posted on MMABay TBH.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Unfortunate for Lesnar and for Carwin also if this is true.. there will be some other times to do that fight i guess.. get well soon.. but in case this is just a lie.. Have a nice clean fight ya two ..

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Yeah. 'A source close to...' is about as useful as saying the editor's gardener provided the information.

It will suck big time for Brock if it's true, he's going to be so rusty.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Considering Dana's made it clear that Velasquez is the one on hold in case of injury, not JDS, I knew this was going to be a false report. Can never trust anything posted on MMABay TBH.

First thing I thought as well. Dana made it very clear that Velasquez is sitting out to be a fill-in if Carwin or Lesnar is injured. Although he's promised JDS the title shot x3 now and he's not exactly a man of his word, anything could happen.

JDS would make Carwin look zombie-slow and he wins that fight almost every time, it's just a horrible match-up for Shane. I'd be sad if this were the actual case because I love Shane and I think he'll beat Brock.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts