Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
You don't understand P4P do you?
The two almost go together, You cant have a fighter who is top 3 in P4P and is lowly ranked in his respective division. I am not saying that the #1 P4P needs to be the #1 HW at the same time, but the number differential cant be too great.

·
Banned
91 Posts
I do but i don;t get how fedor is still up there when he is not ranked the best HW.
because it means POUND FOR POUND...

if the fighters fought at the same weight who would win.

brock is a lot heavier than most so if he fought at his opponents weight chances are he would lose.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I do but i don;t get how fedor is still up there when he is not ranked the best HW.
Fedor is a VERY small heavyweight these days. If you scaled Fedor up to Brocks weight, he'd be a freaking beast. It's all about the skills you have and your weight.

Since Fedor will never enter the octagon anywhere near the weight Brock does, those skills are tremendously offset by the size and strength advantage of Brock.

So while Fedor may never be able to beat Brock, he could easily be a better P4P fighter. Hell, if Fedor lost the flab he could fight at LHW, which is probably his natural weight class.

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Well if were going pound 4 pound would Brock be anywhere near a top 3 heavyweight if he didnt weigh 280 pounds?? I personally dont think so. On the other hand we have fedor who weights 230pounds destroying everyone.

Anyway i gotta go to work so i cant explain it in better detail.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
because it means POUND FOR POUND...

if the fighters fought at the same weight who would win.

brock is a lot heavier than most so if he fought at his opponents weight chances are he would lose.
That makes zero sense, fedor was ranked number one for years and never stepped out of his weight class. So by logic Brock is the best hw which is the most glorify class in any fighting sport. The best fighters are at HW.After watching Cheal fight u can`t tell me brock don`t have the skills to dominate the division for years.

·
Abusive
1,806 Posts
I don't care what any of them say, other than having Rich Franklin ranked as a top 10 LHW. Rich Franklin is the ******* man. I will support him until the day he dies.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Li'l Nog above Forrest, GM, Thiago Silva and Franklin? Are you freakin' kidding me? He has pretty much no impressive wins since Pride and he recently beat Brilz (pretty much a C level fighter) by a terrible decision in a fight he actually lost.
Also I would drop Fedor down a bit on all the rankings, no way he is #2 HW or #3 p4p now.

Nothing else bothers me that much on the rankings.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts