Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Forearms

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been asking myself this question for a little while and it makes me think, what is the most dangerous body part to strike with. Throw out your guys input. I'll throw my hat in the proverbial ring later.

·
:|.Pie.|:
3,859 Posts
With out a doubt the Knees. Yes bows will bust opena guy but knees will put them on the ground and hurt them badly. That is IF the guy hit him in the right place. But there is no way you can take knees and still put up a fight.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Don said:
I'd have to say elbows just because they have more versitility then the knees do, granted the knees can generate alot more power. just the elbows are easier to employ.
Yeah, I agree. Because the elbows are closer to the head they are way easier to use for KOs. The knees are definitely the strongest weapon, but there aren't very many situations where you can KO someone with the knees without taking a huge risk.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
biggest concern of a knee is if you go down to shoot in and grab a leg if the person is quick and you catch a knee tothe top of the head or in the head in general it can be lights out possibly in a permanant fashion, remember when shooting do not keep your head straight at the opponent, a knee to the top of the head is not great for your neck and spine, and thats from an EMT stand point.

·
:|.Pie.|:
3,859 Posts
I still think the knees are the most vicious strike. The abilities to brake or crack a rib. is what make it so vicious.Like i sadi before they also have to ablitie to drop someone with one knee.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
we both seemed to agree that the knee can be the most deveastating, if applied correctly but that rib damage can be done with kicks punches or elbows, what makes the elbow more effective is it can be employed more often and in more ways.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Don said:
we both seemed to agree that the knee can be the most deveastating, if applied correctly but that rib damage can be done with kicks punches or elbows, what makes the elbow more effective is it can be employed more often and in more ways.
Exactly. It's the same thing with kicks. If a kick misses then you are off balance for a little bit, but if you miss with a punch you can recover easily.

Knees and kicks require a lot of risk, though when they hit they do more damage. Elbows and forearms do alot of damage and are relatively easy to use whether in a clinch, on the ground or standing.

There is only one weapon that KOs people when they're in your guard and thats the elbows.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
i said elbows cause u can generate a lot of power in close range and on the ground! you can use knees to well on the ground

·
Outta My Head
1,220 Posts
The Flying Knee. I've seen beautiful flying knees thrown live at a few of the events I've been fortunate to attend. When they hit, they are a thing of beauty.

·
Registered
22 Posts
hmmmm, im going with elbows. they can get into the nooks and crannies of your face better then say a leg or a knee,. I have seen so many fights where they call it due to some guys eyebrow gushing blood because of an elbow. Personally my favorite thing though is when a kick knocks someone out. Gets me every time. :dunno:

Tress

·
Outta My Head
1,220 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
:eek:
Adora said:
I quess i pick the knees mostly becuse evey fight i have saw has yet to end with elbow stikes butsing up some one. Or KO because of them.

I have seen toooooons of fights where people get busted up by elbows.....havent't I? CRAP. Now you are making me doubt my own memory.:eek:

Tress

P.S Onganju- those clips were great.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
the first TUF I think it was Leben who got busted by an elbow when he lost his fight when he had the cut open over his eye. I know someone got busted over the eye and it was an elbow. I think, man that was so long ago.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Love the Crocop clips, Ong. But Crocop is just proof that all strikes are necessary. Even though he's not a 8 point system fighter he definitely has proven that he's got the best feet and some heavy hands.

·
Outta My Head
1,220 Posts
Adora said:
I quess i pick the knees mostly becuse evey fight i have saw has yet to end with elbow stikes butsing up some one. Or KO because of them.
A few great examples of the effectiveness of elbows can be seen in these fights: Goerges St. Pierre vs Shean Sherk, David Loiseau vs Gideon Ray, and Anderson Silva vs Tony Fryklund. Inside the clinch and on the ground, elbows are probably the most effecient strikes at a fighters disposal.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Onganju said:
A few great examples of the effectiveness of elbows can be seen in these fights: Goerges St. Pierre vs Shean Sherk, David Loiseau vs Gideon Ray, and Anderson Silva vs Tony Fryklund. Inside the clinch and on the ground, elbows are probably the most effecient strikes at a fighters disposal.
Absolutely. Too bad that clip got pulled.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts