Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Team Penn
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You ready? Are you ready? Let's get it on!! Come on!!

The latest MMAWeekly Rankings were released on October 24th. This system ranks the top ten MMA fighters from all across the world in each of the five major weight classes, as voted on by the MMAWeekly staff.

The MMAWeekly Rankings are your #1 source for the most up-to-date and complete fighter rankings. The next update of the MMAWeekly Rankings will take place two weeks from now on Tuesday, November 7th.

Here are the current MMAWeekly Rankings, which are up-to-date as of Tuesday, October 24th.

HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (over 205 pounds)

#1 Heavyweight Fighter in the World: Fedor Emelianenko

2. Mirko Cro Cop

3. Josh Barnett

4. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

5. Tim Sylvia

6. Andrei Arlovski

7. Aleksander Emelianenko

8. Fabricio Werdum

9. Mark Hunt

10. Sergei Kharitonov

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (205-pound limit)

#1 Light Heavyweight Fighter in the World: Chuck Liddell

2. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

3. Wanderlei Silva

4. Ricardo Arona

5. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

6. Renato "Babalu" Sobral

7. Tito Ortiz

8. Quinton Jackson

9. Alistair Overeem

10. Kazuhiro Nakamura

MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION (185-pound limit)

#1 Middleweight Fighter in the World: Matt Lindland

2. Anderson Silva

3. Rich Franklin

4. Paulo Filho

5. Dan Henderson

6. Denis Kang

7. Jeremy Horn

8. Kazuo Misaki

9. Nathan Marquardt

10. Amar Suloev

WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION (170-pound limit)

#1 Welterweight Fighter in the World: Matt Hughes

2. Georges St. Pierre

3. BJ Penn

4. Diego Sanchez

5. Karo Parisyan

6. Jake Shields

7. Jon Fitch

8. Akira Kikuchi

9. Nick Diaz

10. Josh Koscheck

LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION (160 pounds and lower)

#1 Lightweight Fighter in the World: Takanori Gomi

2. Hayato Sakurai

3. Tatsuya Kawajiri

4. Joachim Hansen

5. Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto

6. Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro

7. Mitsuhiro Ishida

8. Marcus Aurelio

9. Sean Sherk

10. Gilbert Melendez

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
wtf why is matt linland rated so high and dan henderson so low and i dont exactly agree that chuck liddell is better than wanderlei slva or shogun

·
WTF Chuck, Fight Me!
1,784 Posts
i dont get why silva's lost to cro cop dropped him down..i also dont get matt lindland. rankings are so subjective

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
this might seem stupid, and i'm in no way knocking Nog, but how is he ranked so high when i can't even remember the last time he fought? also, i don't see how AA is ranked so high by having been a Champ with zero credibility. the guy barely fought, and when he did, beat on chumps. whatever...

and really, how is chuck over shogun? yeah, i prefer PRIDE, but these rankings obviously have nothing to do with talent/skill/overall ability. i mean, With AA and bit Tim ranked at all, this shows that the rankers take nothing into account besides what they "see" as opposed to what they "know"!

and also, lindland so high? first off, he's not better than wandy, and didn't lindland just lose to QJ in WFA a few months ago?

when is anyone going to come up with a legitimate ranking system???

·
WTF Chuck, Fight Me!
1,784 Posts
pt447 said:
this might seem stupid, and i'm in no way knocking Nog, but how is he ranked so high when i can't even remember the last time he fought? also, i don't see how AA is ranked so high by having been a Champ with zero credibility. the guy barely fought, and when he did, beat on chumps. whatever...

and really, how is chuck over shogun? yeah, i prefer PRIDE, but these rankings obviously have nothing to do with talent/skill/overall ability. i mean, With AA and bit Tim ranked at all, this shows that the rankers take nothing into account besides what they "see" as opposed to what they "know"!

and also, lindland so high? first off, he's not better than wandy, and didn't lindland just lose to QJ in WFA a few months ago?

i dont think its their fault tho... for example : mark hunt defeated mirko cro cop(decision), mirko defeated josh, josh defeated mark.. why would mark hunt be under those 2, since he defeated mirko... as opposed to boxing, usually rankings mean nothing, because every1 has different styles and do better against certain types(mark hunt gets owned by most ground fighters, but any fighter who stands up against him looses). Right now, in both the UFC and Pride, there are only 2 champions that are well rounded(excluding the lightweights), and its fedor and anderson silva, and each of them have a preference..and thats why fedor is considered a notch higher than every1 else... because he showed he can fight any type of fighters, and hes the only one right now whos uncontested has number 1 in his division.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
pt447 said:

Well Lindlands not ranked ahead of Wandy because theyre in different weight classes. But I agree I dont think he should be number one. Also, I think Sherk should be higher than 9.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Ranking professional fighting like boxing or mma has to be really hard. Most fighters will only have 2 or 3 fights per year. If fighter A beats fighter B, and fighter B beat fighter C but fighter C beat fighter A, then who should be ranked the highest? What if fighter A never faced fighter B and they haven't fought a same opponent?

·
Team Penn
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
asskicker said:
Well who should?
oooo yeah, lets see some of everybodys rankings, we dont have to argue just see where we think theses guys stand

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
ufc needs lindland to settle this

#10 kos

·
Registered
114 Posts
alright BJ is amazing and everything and i love the guy, but why is he ranked above diego? he is(most will agree) better then diego, but he is coming off back 2 back loses, not to mention he lost 3 of his last 4 fights(against far higher caliber fighters then diego faced, but lost anyways). BJ is the better fighter IMHO, but diego should be ranked higher due to recent victories(he won 5 since TUF right?). just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Well I'll give my ranks.

HWs
1. Fedor Emelianenko
2. Mirko Cro Cop
3. Josh Barnett
4. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
5. Tim Sylvia
6. Andrei Arlovski
7. Mark Hunt