Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
id love to see this fight....monson is one of my favorite fighters....i hope gets a chance to face sylvia and beats him...monson is a beast...sylvia is just a maniac

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hope monson gets a chance

·
Registered
178 Posts
flourhead said:
sylvia is just a bowlegged giant looking for a lucky counter punch
Yeah well just remember the only people he lost to are AA (fair enough) and Mir when he was forced to quit when his forearm snapped.

People never give him any credit. Might not be pretty but he's tough and effective, and he now has two wins over AA to avenge that one loss.

He's fought whomever has been put in front of him and won 22 of 24. Not bad.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
teampunishment.50web said:
Yeah well just remember the only people he lost to are AA (fair enough) and Mir when he was forced to quit when his forearm snapped.

People never give him any credit. Might not be pretty but he's tough and effective, and he now has two wins over AA to avenge that one loss.

He's fought whomever has been put in front of him and won 22 of 24. Not bad.
Agreed. Tim gets no credit. I didn't like the last AA fight because he wasn't very aggressive. Time for UFC to implement the Pride yellow card system. He did do what needed to be done. His hands looked really quick though. Monson's height my be a problem. Tim has good kickboxing and some hard knees that can get to Monson's head in a hurry. Monson should work on his cardio and try to wear big Tim down with a fast pace like the Canadians like to do.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Tim's kicks are pretty telegraphed although I guess when you take into account how much easier it is to kick a guy in the head when they are 8 inches smaller than you and with an incredibly small reach as well.

Monson is incredibly strong though, don't count him out, should be better to watch than AA2 in any case.

Oh and I don't blame Tim & AA for kind of pacing themselves seeing as usually they fight every other PPV and they went on back to back shows this time, was always going to be cagey because neither of them wanted to get caught.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts