Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following is from WrestlingObserver.com

The Nevada State Athletic Commission just received back results of more drug testing from the 10/21 Pride show in Las Vegas.

Pawel Nastula, the 1996 Olympic gold medalist in judo, who had already tested positive for the steroid Nandralone, had his latest test come back positive for three stimulants, pseudoephedrine, ephedrine and phenylpropanoalmine.

All other fights tested at the show came back negative for stimulants.

Nastula lost his match that night via submission to Josh Barnett in the second round.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Does taking stimulants help? I would think that they would be very detrimental in an MMA fight. They speed your heart rate up dramatically, it would really make it hard to fight for 10 mins with your heart already racing. Although they do speed up your reflexes, but still the cardo would go out the window.

dumbass

What happens when a fighter is tests positive anyway. I am sure that they lose money from organization, are they suspended or anything?

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
that sux

:dunno: I wanted to see him fight again he looked good..that fight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.