Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always had trouble getting behind Brock because of his general WWE antics and over the top disrespect to his opponents, fans and generally everyone. But last night he really showed some sign of growing up and he showed a lot more respect in general. So, does anyone else now have a little more respect for him?

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
The only time Brock has shown disrespect was after the 2nd Mir fight, think he gets a bit of a hard time over his supposed 'WWE' antics. If it was anyone else he'd barely get slagged off. Hard not to respect his skills too. Showed tremendous heart to survive the Carwin onslaught and who would have seriously picked Lesnar by submission. Best HW in the world ATM as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yea my respect level went up for lesnar.. i think the whole wwe thing should definitely stop now..

Reactions: diablo5597

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
I've always had trouble getting behind Brock because of his general WWE antics and over the top disrespect to his opponents, fans and generally everyone. But last night he really showed some sign of growing up and he showed a lot more respect in general. So, does anyone else now have a little more respect for him?
Mods merge this thread. It's only fair.

I've lost any minimal respect from Lesnar I had. He showed he is easily beatable as long as you have the cardio to back of the fists... which his next opponent does.

Brock went from "I'm going to get on top of my wife tonight" to "Thank you God".

And now all of this sudden he's respectable? Give be a break. He's an actor and nothing more. UFC 100 was the real Brock, now he's just playing the roll.

·
The Internet Prophet
1,750 Posts

I've lost any minimal respect from Lesnar I had. He showed he is easily beatable as long as you have the cardio to back of the fists... which his next opponent does.

Brock went from "I'm going to get on top of my wife tonight" to "Thank you God".

And now all of this sudden he's respectable? Give be a break. He's an actor and nothing more. UFC 100 was the real Brock, now he's just playing the roll.
OMG! Something bitter and hateful about Brock! In fact it's the exact same thing you have said probably 20 times tonight!

Maybe you should... you know... shut up. All you are is a barking dog. Foaming at the mouth and making noise. No one wants to hear it.

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
OMG! Something bitter and hateful about Brock! In fact it's the exact same thing you have said probably 20 times tonight!

Maybe you should... you know... shut up. All you are is a barking dog. Foaming at the mouth and making noise. No one wants to hear it.
Great response... way to factually back up any points I made... wait...

You didn't. All you did was take cheap shots at me without even having a logical defense for Lesnar's obvious weakness. It's cool. Take shots at me all you want. It's not going to make ur boy any better. Again, this is the thanks he gives his fans.

·
The Internet Prophet
1,750 Posts
You didn't make any damn points. You just barked about him acting and this a "roll". If you make a point I'll shoot it down since I have basic reasoning abilities. Until you actually make one though I pretty much have to call you a troll.

·
Registered
122 Posts

Rofl your a tool

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Great response... way to factually back up any points I made... wait...

You didn't. All you did was take cheap shots at me without even having a logical defense for Lesnar's obvious weakness. It's cool. Take shots at me all you want. It's not going to make ur boy any better. Again, this is the thanks he gives his fans.

Going to keep harping on about that 1 isolated incident in Brock's career? He's been very respectful to every other of his opponents. Just Frank Mir got under his skin, Brock was pumped to have beaten him after Frank was talking shit for months and reacted poorly to the crowd booing him. Other than that he's done nothing to deserve this hate. He's just got over a very serious illness, has been out for a year so was a little rusty at the start of the fight, but he showed the heart of a warrior to fight through the adversity and pick up the win. I don't get why people continue to hate on the guy. He used to be in the WWE and made 1 mistake whilst pumped full of adrenaline, big whoop, get over it.

Reactions: Rygu and Kado

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
You didn't make any damn points. You just barked about him acting and this a "roll". If you make a point I'll shoot it down since I have basic reasoning abilities. Until you actually make one though I pretty much have to call you a troll.
The fight made any points I needed too. Lesnar had slightly more cardio than a guy with no cardio. He won by a basic submission that anyone in their first year learns how to defend. Is that enough points for you? Or do you just wanna keep taking shots at me? It's cool. We both watched the fights, and we both know Lesnar isn't going to be the champ sooner than later..

Rofl your a tool
Awesome post, like all the other Lesnar fans tonight. Way to make valid points and arguments... wait... thats obviously out of your league.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts

That wasn't a lack of cardio. Try to hold down a near 300 pound man for 3-5 minutes and constantly rain down punches and elbows. Its not that easy. There's a reason marathon runners pace themselves and don't sprint the entire distance.

If you think someone who can sustain the kind of punishment Carwin dished out is "easily beatable". I hope you come back to planet earth, soon.

·
Registered
453 Posts
This whole 'Brock is a disrespectful ass' thing has gone way too far. If you talk shit about Brock, he will retaliate - its in his nature. He will not be anyones punching bag. However if you are respectful, like Couture was, then he will not trash-talk for the sake of it. Carwin talked far more smack then Brock did in this build up, but people seem to like to forget that.

He was very respectful tonight. I wouldnt say he has changed, he will always be a naturally intense guy who cannot always control his emotions, but the vast majority of hate he gets on these boards is illogical and unwarranted.

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
Going to keep harping on about that 1 isolated incident in Brock's career? He's been very respectful to every other of his opponents. Just Frank Mir got under his skin, Brock was pumped to have beaten him after Frank was talking shit for months and reacted poorly to the crowd booing him. Other than that he's done nothing to deserve this hate. He's just got over a very serious illness, has been out for a year so was a little rusty at the start of the fight, but he showed the heart of a warrior to fight through the adversity and pick up the win. I don't get why people continue to hate on the guy. He used to be in the WWE and made 1 mistake whilst pumped full of adrenaline, big whoop, get over it.
Give me a break. The fans were cheering brock prior to that. Watch the footage. They cheered when the ref stopped the fight, and boo'd after Brock talked shit to a dis-oriented and beaten Mir.

A lot of people get sick and re-couperate all the time. Brock doesn't care about his fans, the sport, or anything else except for his own ego. I'm amazed people can't see through this.

·
The Internet Prophet
1,750 Posts
The fight made any points I needed too. Lesnar had slightly more cardio than a guy with no cardio. He won by a basic submission that anyone in their first year learns how to defend. Is that enough points for you? Or do you just wanna keep taking shots at me? It's cool. We both watched the fights, and we both know Lesnar isn't going to be the champ sooner than later..

Awesome post, like all the other Lesnar fans tonight. Way to make valid points and arguments... wait... thats obviously out of your league.
So I am supposed to refute points you - admittedly - didn't actually make? God you're a tool.

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
That wasn't a lack of cardio. Try to hold down a near 300 pound man for 3-5 minutes and constantly rain down punches and elbows. Its not that easy. There's a reason marathon runners pace themselves and don't sprint the entire distance.

If you think someone who can sustain the kind of punishment Carwin dished out is "easily beatable". I hope you come back to planet earth, soon.
9 out of 10 refs would have stopped that fight in the first. That wasn't "pacing yourself". That was covering up for dear life.

He was very respectful tonight. I wouldnt say he has changed, he will always be a naturally intense guy who cannot always control his emotions, but the vast majority of hate he gets on these boards is illogical and unwarranted.
Yep. Because as long as your actions are the cause of emotions, you shouldn't be held liable for them???? Just like murder's who kill people in the heat of the moment. They're not responsible right!!!????

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
So I am supposed to refute points you - admittedly - didn't actually make? God you're a tool.
Again. The fight should have been stopped in the first round. Lesnar showed he has minimal chin and minimal cardio. Lesnar showed he can pull a basic submission.

Yep. No points there. Call me a tool again and go on.

Whatever makes you feel better.

·
The Internet Prophet
1,750 Posts
9 out of 10 refs would have stopped that fight in the first. That wasn't "pacing yourself". That was covering up for deer life.

Yep. Because as long as your actions are the cause of emotions, you shouldn't be held liable for the. Just like murdere's who kill people in the heat of the moment. They're not responsible right!!!????
Okay. You are comparing an emotional athlete in Lesnar to murderers. I'm waiting for the Hitler reference and you will have managed to hit every marker for trolldom in one night. Very impressive in a special ed kind of way.

He has minimal chin! Good god you are an idiot. He took flush shots from the hardest hitter in the heavyweight division and got back up. Yep. No chin there.

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Eh, ok, was just seeing if anyone liked Brock a little more after last night, didn't mean to start a war of words. Lets calm down people.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Give me a break. The fans were cheering brock prior to that. Watch the footage. They cheered when the ref stopped the fight, and boo'd after Brock talked shit to a dis-oriented and beaten Mir.

A lot of people get sick and re-couperate all the time. Brock doesn't care about his fans, the sport, or anything else except for his own ego. I'm amazed people can't see through this.
They still booed him, and with adrenaline surging through him like that he made a rash decision to react like that and I'm sure he regrets it. But it was 1 isolated incident. Brock's had 5 fights in the UFC now, and been disrespectful to an opponent once. I think that 1 incident has been massively over-played.

They do, but not many people get that close to death or potentially career ending surgery on their stomach and then still come back and win one of the biggest fights in UFC history. If Brock didn't care about the sport, why would he have put the effort to battle his way back from his illness and fight again? If Brock didn't care about the sport, why does he talk in such kind words about Randy Couture, and then why did he bring him into his camp ahead of this fight? If Brock didn't care about the fans of this sport, why would he put himself in jeopardy by getting back into the cage and fighting again? He made 1 mistake and continues to get slagged off for it, he might not appear the most likeable guy in the world to some, but he doesn't deserve the disrespect he's getting here.

Reactions: Rauno

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Well Brock did also try to ride then pointed and laughed at Heath Herring. But to me it seems like he treats others as they treat him. Hes nice if your nice and a prick if your a prick, hes not one to turn the other cheek. Not the best attitude to have but if Mir and Herring didn't disrespect him he might not of disrespected them.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.