Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which fight sticks out in your mind when it comes to the victor overcomming the most obstacles to win. Obstacles meaning injuries ( before or during the fight), the sheer ability of the victor's opponent, or being able to turn the tables on a horrible situation ( like Hughes vs. Triggs II ).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sylvia getting back up after taking a shot like he did and destroying Arlovski just seconds later. That was insane!

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Frank Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz was one because Frank was on his back virtually the entire fight, then he finally gets up and hits Tito about 4 times in the head and that's it! Frank wins! Pretty cool fight.

Another one is Rich Franklin vs. David Loiseau because of the fact that Rich had a borken foot and a broken hand and still beat the shit outta the Crow for 5 rounds. I gotta give credit to Loiseau to for hanging in there and not giving up. Great fight.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hughes/Trigg 2 would be the one that stands out for me but I also think about Fedor getting suplexed om his head by Kevin Randleman and a minute late submitting him with a kimura.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
in the ufc i gotta say gsp against bj was pretty good, and in pride nog coming back and submitting crocop was awesome

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Stephan Bonnar/Forrest Griffin instantly came to my mind when I saw the title of this thread. These guys could NOT beat each other, and they were trying to take each others heads off until the last second of each bell (even a second after at one point, lol.)

As JDunn mentioned, at UFC 58: Canada vs. USA, Georges St. Pierre made a huge comback in the last half of the second and third rounds. His face was busted to shit, and even though it looked like BJ won physically, Pierre made a dominant comeback and clearly outpointed BJ.

·
Registered
129 Posts
For me it is Hughes vs Trigg 2 also nothing is harder than being able to come up from a BUSTER like that and then win.

·
The American Psycho
6,945 Posts
Hughes vs Trigg 2 was definitly sticks in my mind! Hughes gets out of a rear naked choke and slames. Then he puts Twinkle Toes in the RNC to beat him. Another one is Koscheck vs Fickett. Fickett was getting owned by Koscheck until he throws a punch and rocks Lay and Pray. Then Fickett chokes out Koscheck for the win!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts