Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Anderson Silva

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Overeem delivered now it's up to Strikeforce and Showtime. I thought that was about the perfect introduction to a fighter who looks to be a future champion/star/golden boy. Strikeforce really needs to market the hell out of this guy and if they don’t their idiots. I think Overeem more so than Fedor is their “ace card”. Don’t get me wrong Fedors is an mma titan/god/best ever however he is far from ideal from a marketing standpoint. I knew Overeem was strong but the way he rag-dolled Rogers was ridiculous. In my opinion Alistair Overeem and Brock Lesnar are probably at the top and neck and neck when it comes to marketability Gsp coming in third.

My question is; who do you think are the most marketable fighters?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Depends on which market. Canada=gsp, The Netherlands/Holland=Overeem, Russia=Fedor. But, I disagree with you when you say Overeem is marketable as much as Brock in the US and worldwide. My opinion is probably brock and fedor tie both US market and world.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on which market. Canada=gsp, The Netherlands/Holland=Overeem, Russia=Fedor. But, I disagree with you when you say Overeem is marketable as much as Brock in the US and worldwide. My opinion is probably brock and fedor tie both US market and world.
Currently i believe you're righ. Brock is more marketable but I believe that given the right exposure and match-ups Overeem could be just as big a draw and maybe bigger internationally.

·
Banned
820 Posts
Brock is the most marketable fighter in the world right now. He really brings the people out. He not only brings MMA fans he brings WWE fans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts