Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been an MMA fan for about a year and half and only recently have I been starting to get really interested in the technical aspect. So stand-up or ground, what's the most technical fight you've seen?

From what I've seen my choice would be Kazushi Sakuraba vs Carlos Newton at Pride 3.

·
Dexter Morgan
5,815 Posts
I've been an MMA fan for about a year and half and only recently have I been starting to get really interested in the technical aspect. So stand-up or ground, what's the most technical fight you've seen?

From what I've seen my choice would be Kazushi Sakuraba vs Carlos Newton at Pride 3.
Mir vs Nog?

or any Sam Stout fight

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Thats a hard one. I suggest watching GSP even though he dominates, He is just so good in almost every aspect of MMA technically.

Its really rare for there to be two amazingly good technical fighters.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts

I call that one the prettiest fight ever and keep it ready to pop in if anyone shows the slightest interest. Some others in pride you would like are Guy mezger vs sakuraba and Guy Mezger vs wanderlie Silva, that's wandy's best technical fight. It was all over the place and Guy was giving him a kickboxing lesson right up till he got knocked out. Big Nog vs Ricco Rodriguez is a great heavyweight technical bout.

In the UFC Sanchez vs Diaz comes to mind as an exiting technical match but often to good technicians counter each other and make a snoozer.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Machida vs Sokoudjou UFC 79 - one of the most under rated fights of all time, should be rated as one of the best 10 fights of all time, was the bets fight of the night easy even when Chuck Liddell vs Wanderlei Silva was on the same card, well was obvious which fight stole the hype due to name recognition.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
It's uncommon to see MMA fighters who excel technically in every aspect of the sport. Usually, there are guys who may excel in one martial art but are just average at best in other aspects. Guys like GSP and Anderson Silva are exceptions to this rule, obviously.
I honestly think the first Machida-Shogun fight was possibly the best/most technical standing fight ive seen in the UFC.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the recommendations, looks like I'm going to be staying up late watching fights again tonight!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I haven't seen this fight in a loooong time but Demian Maia vs Jason MacDonald had some pretty good ground game from what I remember.......

nvm...... just rewatched it..... wasn't as great as I recalled

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
BJ Penn/GSP 1.

·
Registered
603 Posts

ricco rodriguez vs antonio rodrigo nogueria "pride fc" check this out bud.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Already have that fight bookmarked among others to watch tomorrow. Again, thanks for the recommendations everyone.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
+1 for maia mcdonald.

probably the best mix of grappling and bjj I've seen in mma.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
GSP vs. Penn 2

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
GSP vs. Penn 2
several rnds?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.