Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Hopefully he joins the UFC after this contract.

He will be about 26 or 27 when this contract ends, which is about the beginning of the prime of his career.

Man this guy is young.....

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Or maybe by than the top talent at LHW will be in Strikeforce....

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Hopefully he joins the UFC after this contract.

He will be about 26 or 27 when this contract ends, which is about the beginning of the prime of his career.

Man this guy is young.....
Crazy that he's already had 31 fights. Fortunately he hasn't taken much damage so he should be fighting for a long time to come.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Dang I thought he would head to the UFC to fight the best.
In 2 years forrest/rashad will be gatekeepers, rampage/jardine/franklin will be gone and machida/shogun will probably be ripe for the taking..In comes mousasi to dominate againsyt the likes of bader and phil davis

I'd say that is pretty smart way of padding a fighters legacy *cough* dodging elite competition *cough*

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
In 2 years forrest/rashad will be gatekeepers, rampage/jardine/franklin will be gone and machida/shogun will probably be ripe for the taking..In comes mousasi to dominate againsyt the likes of bader and phil davis

I'd say that is pretty smart way of padding a fighters legacy *cough* dodging elite competition *cough*
Dodging elite competition?

lol... the only elite fighters at LHW right now are Jon Jones, Shogun, and Machida.

and Mousasi would clean their clocks.

Maybe some fighters don't want to deal with being under Dana White....

And why blame them?

·
Any Weight, Anytime...
447 Posts
If Mousassi went to the UFC he would dominate hands down, he aint scared and comes forward.

I believe this guy is gonna be up there with GSP and BJ when its said and done.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
If Mousassi went to the UFC he would dominate hands down, he aint scared and comes forward.

I believe this guy is gonna be up there with GSP and BJ when its said and done.

I agree.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Surprising that Strikeforce chooses to sign a new contract with Mousasi just a week before a fight in which he is a strong favorite. If Mousasi defeats Lawal, they'd still probably be able to negotiate the same contract, but if Mousasi loses, his stock will go down quite a bit temporarily, and Strikeforce would be able to negotiate better terms from their point of view.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Dodging elite competition?

lol... the only elite fighters at LHW right now are Jon Jones, Shogun, and Machida.

and Mousasi would clean their clocks.

Maybe some fighters don't want to deal with being under Dana White....

And why blame them?

Mousasi would be a great addiction to the UFC LHW roster no doubt! But Clean the clocks of Machida, Shogun, Rashad, Rampage or Jon Jones??? No..... He would be in HUGE threat with ANY of these guys...

Who did he beat to be even compared to guys like Machida? Or even Rampage for that matter....

He is good but u guys are WAY over hyping putting him with Anderson and GSP..........

Maybe one day... Def not today....

·
Premium Member
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was kinda dissapointed in the news but now that I think about it not so much. Mousasi's only 24 so he's got all the time in the world to fight 'the bests'.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
aside from machida,shogun,anderson I think King Mo can compete with the rest of the ufc lhw.
hes basically on the same level as jon jones, sick wrestler with no striking

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
F*CK Mousasi!!! Let Strikeforce have him, he's f*cking worthless!
If by "worthless" you mean capable of cleaning out theUFCs LHW division.... than you are right.....dude is completly worthless....

·
Registered
742 Posts
If by "worthless" you mean capable of cleaning out theUFCs LHW division.... than you are right.....dude is completly worthless....
yeah because gassing in a round while showing almost no TDD and striking that wasnt good enough to put away a guy that was so tired he couldnt even keep his hands up is definitely good enough to beat the UFC LHW's. I like Gegard I think he's talented but he looked like shit in this fight man and showed nothing that indicates he would clean out even the mid tier UFC LHw's.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts