Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, some time ago I had my first k1 fight. Unfortunately I lost. My opponent was 5 kg heavier than me and at least few inches taller.I'd really like to know what tips You guys have for me. I train MT for about 6 months now. Before that I trained kickboxing for about 2 years. So, here is my first ever fight, I am the shorter guy with hair, I hope You will like it, it's my first fight so please don't be to rough :)

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Some tips
Always go for the knockout
Explode in first round
If you're trying to choke a guy go all in. Even if it's not happening. Because it makes you arms look ripped.
Always go to distance

BTW the URL is wrong

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts
Fixed your link for you, kraone1. ;) You just use the last part of the URL between the youtube tags here, you can edit your own post to see how the working code looks.

My thoughts:

He really bullied you around in the first. had you up on the ropes a lot and although you were counterpunching, he used those front push kicks to get you to back up, sometimes taking a shot to the belly, and then he followed up with flurries. I thought that first time you dropped might have been from the abdomen shot accumulation.

I guess you noticed something between the first and the second though because you were much more aggressive in the rest of the fight and it was a much closer war, you threw a lot and had him respectful of your power and aggression. If were judging, I'd have him winning, but given your inexperience and the size difference (plus his tats and beard!) I think it was a good showing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to make the video working :D I realy felt those front kicks from the first round, and didn't exactly know what to do to avoid them. I don't remember what my kru said (shouted at me) during the first break but I think it helped a bit :). Can You tell me what in your opinion should I do more/less? I think one of the goals for the next fight is to grow a beard :D

·
12,900 Posts
That was quite a frenetic pace. I enjoyed it. Dude is a whole weight class above you, though. You fought valiantly.

1.) Pace yourself
2.) Parry the teeps. Since he's long and slower you'll get em every time with a counter.
3.) Catch and sweep em. It'll wind em.

You had some really nice combos. One of my favs in general is the right cross/hook + left hook + mid right kick combo.

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts
For two and a half years of training that was quite good. The output was really high, I agree with No_Mercy that you should pace yourself.

I know, in K1 people tend to mainly go on collision, but I'd say try to pace yourself and pick your shots.

You circled a couple of time right into his power side and got caught with his right hand or kick.

You tend to rush in head down swinging for the fences at times, that will get you countered and eventually you'll eat a knee to the face.

Work on combinations that are not just left-right-left-right head hunting.

Against those front kicks, train hard on side stepping and deflecting.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
First of all.

Great job! Guy was bigger than you and you went bell to bell, toe to toe.

I know it always looks easier from the outside but here goes.

Think, Relax, Pick your shots, pace yourself

-this fight starts at 100mph and doesnt slow down, I know the opponent is just coming at you, but try to notice regularities and don't just throw strikes just to throw strikes
-for example he likes to throw that jab with double, triple up when he leads, that's green light for me to time a jab and throw an overhand over the top, he'll think twice about trying to crowd you like that
-same thing with his teeps and lead leg kicks, if you notice he's doing that a lot, wait him out, fake an entry and grab leg if he throws
-try to relax, and be a little more selective

2. Throw your own teeps as well
-didn't notice this a lot, when your opponent is trying to pressure this works to keep him off
-rather than just try to swing wildly back and gassing yourself, a couple solid teeps to the bread basket will win you some breathing space

3. Watch your defence
-noticed a couple times you were throwing right left right left, without returning your guard and with your chin up
-it could get you badly countered with a guy with more experience or power
-as general rule, I never throw more than 3 punches without slip, pivot, step, weave etc. between

Hope that helps, good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts