Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I watched Absolute tonight and I was pretty impressed with the presentation. Been watching UFC for about a year now and a big fan. I thought the matches were pretty good. Thought Wandy would have put up a better fight and might have if not for the busted eye. But then again all it takes is one good shot and Crocop got in quite a few. The Barnett Nog fight was kinda a bore but you could tell they were pretty evenly matched. I think good call on the decision since Barnett was the only one who got any good hits in. He mixed it up. If it was just a wrestleing match then Nog gets the win. What I really liked best though is how the refs keep the action going. Quite a few times I thought a fight was about to get stopped or should have and would have in UFC but it kept going. Good stuff!
So all in all I liked what I saw and will continue to watch Pride events. I won't say that one (Pride-UFC) is better than the other because they both have some great fights and what more could you ask for being a fight fan!

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
the only thing i don't undertsand is how you call the barnett nog fight a bore. They didn't stall for one second. It was nonstop ground war. If that fight was a bore bonnar vs. evans must have put you to sleep. I love a good ground war cause of my submission background. So maybe i see them trying more things i don't know but i loved it.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
it was a good fight but i wouldnt say great.. i like a good ground battle but nog's fights all look the same to me..i felt like i had already seen the fight

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sorry I shouldn't have said a bore. It was probably because I knew the result of the fight. See I came home saturday night after going to the bars and got on the forum just to see what people were saying about the upcomeing fight. Clicked on a thread that at 3am that had posted the first two semi final fights. I read it just thinking it was some BS not knowing the fight was going on at that time. I had no clue what Japans time was. I was mad. Was hopeing I would forget about it in the morning. So at least I learned when Pride fights are actually in Japan and that some people post spoliers. I just went back to see the thread but its gone. New to all this forum stuff too. Anyways just wanted to clear that up about being a bore. But I do like standup alot more than the ground but I respect it just the same.

·
Registered
45 Posts
svtcobras said:
I just came back today. The fights were awesome live. Ringside! Best seat in the house.
Got a lot of "behind the scenes" pics. I have never seen anything as good as this. The sound, the intro (which does not come on the US PPV made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!

damn you're lucky. I always wanted to go to a live Pride event.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts