Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
CoutureCop
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is complete crap that you are pulling Mayhem from his fight. The brawl was not his fault and should be laid squarely upon the shoulders of Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Melendez, and Shields.

Miller was the victim of assault and battery and should be pressing charges, not getting punished by getting pulled from his fight with Lawler.

If you insist on punishing Mayhem without reason, then you had should punish your three "champions" to a greater degree.

Punishing Mayhem for doing your marketing for you is simply disgraceful.
I sent this to them using their own comments page in response to them pulling Mayhem. I feel it is completely ridiculous to punish the man that is assaulted. Even if they punish Shields, Diaz, and Melendez, Miller still doesn't deserve any punishment IMO.

I suggest anyone that has an issue with this turn of events, leave your own comment. Here is the linkhttp://strikeforce.com/contact.html

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't agree. No action means anyone can just walk into the cage with little to no punishment. It's like Dana saying he's going to cut Anderson if he performs like he did against Maia again. You have to set an example. It all falls back on Miller for being the cause of the domino effect.

·
CoutureCop
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I don't agree. No action means anyone can just walk into the cage with little to no punishment. It's like Dana saying he's going to cut Anderson if he performs like he did against Maia again. You have to set an example. It all falls back on Miller for being the cause of the domino effect.
Wait, you seriously blame Miller for all of this? He walked into a cage, without any sort of hindrance whatsoever, promoted a rematch, and was then subsequently assaulted and battered by three strikeforce "champions".

If the four Morons currently known as Shield, Diaz, Diaz, and melendez hadn't attacked him, would this have been an issue in any way shape or form? Of course not, because what Miller did was not wrong. Hell, it was right had he gone in the cage with a group of people that had an IQ higher than 10 and could restrain themselves.

And, Dana saying that he is going to cut Anderson Silva is a joke as well. Anderson is performing completely within the rules of MMA. And, he is undefeated in the Octagon. To cut him because he isn't entertaining removes a ton of credibility from the sport. That is the same thing as stripping Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s title because he is boring as well. It is unheard of and will never happen because despite the sorry state of boxing, it still takes itself seriously as a sport.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Well Jake did lay his hands on Miller first, thats all it takes for the Diaz boys to fight.
Agreed.

Miller needed to be punished as do all the others, Nick should probably be suspended as well, but he's a bigger draw than Mayhem. As long as the rest of them get some kind of punishment, this doesn't bother me.

BTW. I'm sure SF really gives a shit what people send them, haha.

·
CoutureCop
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If they get enough messages, they might.

I honestly don't understand people calling for Miller to be punished. There is seriously no legitimate reason behind it. The problem would not have even been able to happen had Strikeforce had any kind of security.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
If miller doesn't go into the cage there is never a problem, so while he may not have started the fight, he caused it. Don't say anything about the brothers Diaz, yes they acted stupid, but if Miller isn't there, they can't fight. Miller had no reason to go in the cage and demand a rematch, it's not like his fight with Shields was even close.

·
CoutureCop
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, miller being there started it, but is there anything actually wrong with him being there? If I see someone jay walking, and then plow into them with my car, I am still at fault even though they did something technically wrong because my actions are completely unnecesary.

Like I said earlier, if they hadn't jumped him, would Miller hopping in the cage be an issue? You know, if Shields and his gang or morons acted like sane intelligent human beings and not assaulted him, would this be an issue? Of course not because what Miller did wasn't wrong. He was simply hyping a fight, and that is cool whether or not his first fight was close or not.

If Carwin beats Lesnar, Mir enters the cage to ask for a rematch, then Carwin and his crew procede to punch him and kick him while he's on the ground, would you still blame Mir?

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Yeah, miller being there started it, but is there anything actually wrong with him being there? If I see someone jay walking, and then plow into them with my car, I am still at fault even though they did something technically wrong because my actions are completely unnecesary.

Like I said earlier, if they hadn't jumped him, would Miller hopping in the cage be an issue? You know, if Shields and his gang or morons acted like sane intelligent human beings and not assaulted him, would this be an issue? Of course not because what Miller did wasn't wrong. He was simply hyping a fight, and that is cool whether or not his first fight was close or not.

If Carwin beats Lesnar, Mir enters the cage to ask for a rematch, then Carwin and his crew procede to punch him and kick him while he's on the ground, would you still blame Mir?
I'm not at all defending the brothers Diaz and if Miller wasn't supposed to be in the cage, then yes there is a problem with him being there. Do I think Miller's punishment should even compare to the others no, but he still has to be punished.

But you want to blame the Brothers Diaz, so nothing I can say will make you think Miller should be punished. I said in several threads, everyone involved needed to be punished. Including Miller, Nick and Jake should probably get a worse punishment because they did set it off, but like I said, there is nothing to set off if Miller doesn't go into the cage when he wasn't supposed to be there.

·
CoutureCop
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because I don't think "he wasn't supposed to be there" as a reason for any kind of significant punishment... especially not being pulled from a high profile fight.

Later.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree that a suspension is a bit much. A fine would have made more sense. Miller was the only exciting part to a completely dull event. He went in there joking and smiling and not looking for any kind of fight. Its those other thugs that started the brawl. I sent my message to Strikeforce. They are a struggling organization and if they get enough backlash they will change their ruling or at least influence their future decisions.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
Miller isnt as dumb as u ppl think.

Neither is strikeforce.

they sent him in there to embarrass jake incase he leaves the company, which he obviouslyt was planning on doing.

Miller basically calling him a chicken after the biggest win of his career.

On top of that. the Diaz brothers and Melendez BELONG there.... they are Jakes corner men.

everybody knows the reputation of the scrap pack.

anybody could have told you how disrespect like that would end.

its like trying to interrupt Tyson back in the day, you know bad things are gonna happen so why do it??

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I just left a message myself, if Miller gets punished and everyone else involved walks with nothing, that total crap..

I think its Hendo's fault..if he had won none of this would have ever happened, dammit!!

·
Po Pimpin
795 Posts
I can see the shit end of the stick from both sides.. I think Miller should have held back till after Shields glory interview and then called him out.. Melendez wasnt out of line BUT the Diaz brothers need punished for there actions. Whats even worse are the comments left by Cesear Gracie .

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Miller isnt as dumb as u ppl think.

Neither is strikeforce.

they sent him in there to embarrass jake incase he leaves the company, which he obviouslyt was planning on doing.

Miller basically calling him a chicken after the biggest win of his career.

On top of that. the Diaz brothers and Melendez BELONG there.... they are Jakes corner men.

everybody knows the reputation of the scrap pack.

anybody could have told you how disrespect like that would end.

its like trying to interrupt Tyson back in the day, you know bad things are gonna happen so why do it??
Hey what's up Dana, I didn't know you posted here.

Reactions: ZENKI1

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
So a guy walks into a bar and is a bit cocky. Then a gang jumps him and beats him up. Who is going to prison (if they get caught)? That's the whole story. Miller isn't at fault here. He was just his usual childish self which is not a crime. Beating him up is though.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
So a guy walks into a bar and is a bit cocky. Then a gang jumps him and beats him up. Who is going to prison (if they get caught)? That's the whole story. Miller isn't at fault here. He was just his usual childish self which is not a crime. Beating him up is though.
We need to slightly alter that....

A guy walks into a bar, the owner of the bar has told him not to come in and that he is not allowed on the premise. The guy causes some problems by being loud and disrespectful. The gang jumps him. Who goes to jail? They all do, the gang for the beating and the guy for causing it by being somewhere he has been told not to be. He's trespassing on the bar owners property, therefore he's on his way with the gang, but for different crimes.

People are starting to make it sound like the Brothers Diaz ran into the crowd and attacked Miller.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
so when you run a promotion the octogan after a fight is public like a bar???

anybody can just walk in and say anything??

a better analogy is walking into the gangs club house, right after a fight, talking shit and getting beaten down.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Did the "bar owner" really tell Miller to stay out? Was Miller really causing trouble? Every mature person would have taken Miller for what he is (which is a cocky jackass) and ignored him or made fun of him. I doubt Strikeforce was against Miller walking into the cage or he wouldn't have been able to. Jake's corner just overreacted.

so when you run a promotion the octogan after a fight is public like a bar???

anybody can just walk in and say anything??

a better analogy is walking into the gangs club house, right after a fight, talking shit and getting beaten down.
I like that. Still, the ones who go to prison is the gang, not the guy who was stupid enough to walk into the club house.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.