Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
lmao believe me, tens of thousands did in the inside.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I'm sure alot of people were shocked at the way it ended especially it ending that brutally in the 1st round. I was so amped for the fight and was rooting for Shogun the whole way but I wasn't expecting a 1st round KO. That being said I honestly believe the division is alot more exciting with Shogun as the champion, more matchups that are possible since Shogun isnt gonna refuse anyone at 205 due to training partner drama. Shogun-Rogerio 2, Shogun-Anderson, Shogun-Rashad, Shogun-Rampage 2, Shogun-Forrest 2, Shogun-Machida 3, maybe a Vitor fight if Vitor wants to move up. Alot of exciting matchups

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I'm sure alot of people were shocked at the way it ended especially it ending that brutally in the 1st round. I was so amped for the fight and was rooting for Shogun the whole way but I wasn't expecting a 1st round KO. That being said I honestly believe the division is alot more exciting with Shogun as the champion, more matchups that are possible since Shogun isnt gonna refuse anyone at 205 due to training partner drama. Shogun-Rogerio 2, Shogun-Anderson, Shogun-Rashad, Shogin-Rampage 2, Shogun-Forrest 2, Shogun-Machida 3, maybe a Vitor fight if Vitor wants to move up. Alot of exciting matchups
Completley agree. Shogun as a champion makes matchups so much better. Though I think maketablility wise Machida is better at getting the sport a little more family friendly.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
You Machida fans know my pain. That vid pretty much describes me UFC 100 and 111. Especially UFC 100, so crushing my freinds wern't making it any better rubbing it in my face.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...I was surprised that it happened so fast. Shogun really was putting together the pieces of the Machida puzzle in their first match-up. He aggressively went after Lyoto, ate a couple of knees but clearly Lyoto was out of his comfort zone. Shogun timed that right hand perfectly when Machida darted in. Getting cracked solidly on the temple makes you instantly loopy and with Shogun's chutebox swarming style, getting full mount, Lyoto had no chance of recovering. Boy do styles make fights. Shogun has lived up to his long reputation as being the best 205 pounder. Like his 2006 Pride days...

I HOPE RAMPAGE GETS THE WIN ON EVANS CAUSE A SHOGUN/RAMPAGE 2 WOULD BE AWESOME!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
...I was surprised that it happened so fast. Shogun really was putting together the pieces of the Machida puzzle in their first match-up. He aggressively went after Lyoto, ate a couple of knees but clearly Lyoto was out of his comfort zone. Shogun timed that right hand perfectly when Machida darted in. Getting cracked solidly on the temple makes you instantly loopy and with Shogun's chutebox swarming style, getting full mount, Lyoto had no chance of recovering. Boy do styles make fights. Shogun has lived up to his long reputation as being the best 205 pounder. Like his 2006 Pride days...

I HOPE RAMPAGE GETS THE WIN ON EVANS CAUSE A SHOGUN/RAMPAGE 2 WOULD BE AWESOME!
Even though I would say Shogun won the first and clearly dominated the second fight I wouldn't mind seeing a third fight if Machida can put together 2 or 3 top 5 wins.

The fight was very short but Machida really was landing good shots too. The signature knee (Ortiz) he landed before getting caught darting in was pretty nice. Shogun did not even seems phased though.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Even though I would say Shogun won the first and clearly dominated the second fight I wouldn't mind seeing a third fight if Machida can put together 2 or 3 top 5 wins.

The fight was very short but Machida really was landing good shots too. The signature knee (Ortiz) he landed before getting caught darting in was pretty nice. Shogun did not even seems phased though.
Barring something disastrous like one of the two getting a serious injury somewhere down the line there has to be a 3rd fight. Machida was landing shots but Shogun was walking through most of them, Shogun's just got a freakish chin and toughness about him imo. He's fought some guys that have power, Rampage, Chuck, Rogerio landed many shots on Shogun, Coleman. People can say whatever they want about Coleman but he is a very powerful human being.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Is it just me or is there something really uncomfortable about watching grown men crying?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.