Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

My Stamina

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  The Don 
#1 ·
you already know what im going to say but ill say it anyway.

i run out of energy way to quick, i should be able to go longer on the mat but i just tire out way to easy. At my house i have standard weights, light dumbells (for high reps) and the gazelle.

That machine is really cool because it works your legs and arms at the same time and its adjustable, lvl 1 is like running ont he street, lvl 2 is like going up hill, lvl 3 is building muscle and so on.

What im wondering is that given what i have to work with at home (i can go to my martial arts class but i want to try to find a regimen for home too)

Given what i said i have to work with what type of workout should i do that focuses on cardio/stamina....ill worry about strength training once i can last longer then 1, 5 min round at a time.

thanks in advanced.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
lol awsome you herd of the gazelle, HAHA

couple things, 1 i hate tony little, 2 its my girlffriends machine but when i started traing i found it a bit usefull.

Yeah the first person who started teaching me MMA lived by rolling was the best workout, and to a point it is since your working on exactly what you will be doing in a match.

My only problem is a decent sized mat, i have found them to be expensive, what i found that i will buy is the aquare interlocking mat peices for $32 a peice and i need 6-8 of them, so thats a bit pricy.

That why i wanted some ideas with equipment i had, notice i didint like a mat as equipment i had, i plan on getting it next and a.s.a.p but asap might not be that soon.

Thank for your help and idea's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.