Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honestly after watching that main event and both fighters performances. I dont see how either of these guys could beat Bones Jones. People say he isnt ready for top competition or whatever but If those guys are what top competition in the UFC is, he is ready. I think he would beat both Rampage and Rashad right now like he is just so much more skilled. I dont see how either of these guys could take him by the way they fight. Probably get flamed or whatever but watch the way he fights. Neither of them would have dominated the fighters he fought like he did. Sure he hasnt fought the same caliber of fighters but his skill level to me looks so much better than both of these guys. Rant over lol

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Shame he didn't step up and take on Little Nog too, as given the way he performed against Brilz, Jon would probably have been him too. Not sure about him taking on Rampage/Rashad, but he's the most promising young fighter in the sport. I'd love to see him get thrown in with the big boys.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I agree with ya.

He wont fight Rashad though as they both train for greg "I'm gonna kill MMA with safe fighting" jackson.

Jones just needs more experience in the octagon. But I seriously think he is already top 5 in the division.

And I would also throw in Lil Nog as a possible win for Jones as he didnt look to good at 114 either.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
honestly after watching last night I dont think he is the future I think he is NOW. Totally agree to I think he would take out Nog as well. So much faster and more explosive.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
He's very exciting to watch and has vicious ground and pound but I fear for what Greg Jackson will do to him.
Greg Jackson wont ruin Bones anytime soon.

Greg seems to live by the motto of of if it aint broke dont fix it. GSP is winning fights by being an amazing wrestler and Greg Jackson will continue with a wrestling gameplan for GSP. Same for Rashad, even though he isnt that great of a wrestler.

Bones seems to be in the mode of get the takedown, land crazy elbows from the guard and will most likely continue to do so.

It's what will happen to Bones once he losses that I fear. Greg will probably have him fight safe then and it will look a lot like Rashad has in his last 2 fights. Only better because Bones is more athletic and a better wrestler than Rashad.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
You're afraid Jackson will make him a better fighter and a champion? Seems like an odd thing to fear.
I'd rather see a champ who actually fights than a champ who plays it safe. Lots of poeple would agree.

Greg seems to make fighters safe, not better fighters.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think Bones is worthy of just about anybody right now. I am not sure that I completely agree with this fight and having bones fight matshuyenko, but Joe Silva knows what he is doing. I think that Bones is definitely the best young fighter around and he has lost only one fight by dq.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
His GnP is so much better and vicious than either GSP or Rashad. I cant see any chance of him becoming a LnPer hes just to dynamic from the top and is definetly always going for the finish. I think he is going to hurt his next opponent in another one sided raping. But after that if he doesnt get a top contendor I think its a joke. I really dont know who if anyone is going to stop his run through the division.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
I'm a Bones believer and supporter but this thread is absolute lunacy. Don't confuse two guys negating eachothers offense with skill for two guys sucking.

·
Abusive
1,806 Posts
Rashad and Rampage aren't top competition anymore. However, the hardest competition that Bones has faced is Brandon Vera, which isn't saying much.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Not trying to rain on the parade here or take anything away from Jon Jones because I think he is a really good fighter and has a great career lined up, but don't judge bases on Rampage and Rashad's fight. Don't forget how much tension there has been between those two for a long time. There was a lot of pride and bragging rights on the line for whoever won that fight, not that there isn't much on the line for every other fight but Rashad, as everyone could tell, did not want to risk getting a knockout shot landed on him, hence his stupid nimbly bimbly cat dance that he acts like is his gameplan when really it's just a multi directional version of running away. And Rampage well you could probably make 10 or 15 excuses for why he lost but the dude showed some really good take down defense like always and of course he still has power in his hands.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rashad and Rampage aren't top competition anymore. However, the hardest competition that Bones has faced is Brandon Vera, which isn't saying much.
lol who is then? There fighting for a title shot. They are top 5 UFC LHWs and I seriously think Bones would beat them for sure.

Dont just look at who he has fought and watch how he fought them. Like ya his hardest fight was against Vera but he crushed him. Like he beat him way worse than anyone else ever has. Like no chance Rashad or Rampage would dominate Vera like that. I dont think any LHW would.

I'm a Bones believer and supporter but this thread is absolute lunacy. Don't confuse two guys negating eachothers offense with skill for two guys sucking.
I am not saying they suck, I am just saying he is that much better. They are top contendors for sure.

Check out there styles man. Like Rashads wrestling isnt going to work against a guy who has better wrestling. His reach would be a huge problem for either of them standing and He could beat Rampage the same way Rashad did except he would probably land a lot more shots and probably finish him. Like I just dont see how either of those guys could beat him.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Shame he didn't step up and take on Little Nog too, as given the way he performed against Brilz, Jon would probably have been him too. Not sure about him taking on Rampage/Rashad, but he's the most promising young fighter in the sport. I'd love to see him get thrown in with the big boys.

People are talking about Jon Jones and wether he's ready for the big boys, he destroyed Brandon Vera, dominated Stefan Bonnar and walked through basically every fighter that he's fought so far, the guy is ready for the top guys NOW.

·
The Detective
1,338 Posts
I said a while ago that he is the 3rd best fighter in the division, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he beat Shogun and Machida right now. You don't have to beat top ranked guys in order to be ABLE to beat top ranked guys. When he gets his chance at a top ranked guy he will destroy them.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I like this thread, and Ive been a huge Bones fan for a long time. Im tired of people saying he needs 3 or 4 more fights before challenging the best LHW guys in the UFC. The only reason people are saying this isnt because he is not ready to fight the best but rather just because he is of young age.
To that i say, so what? Being young doesnt mean anything, and if hes ready then hes ready regardless of how old he is. Hell, Mike Tyson was the HW champ of the world at age 20 if im not mistaken. Lebron James dominated the NBA at age 18 or so.
This kid is more than ready, and he should definitely be fighting a top contender after he smashes Matyushenko.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I said a while ago that he is the 3rd best fighter in the division, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he beat Shogun and Machida right now. You don't have to beat top ranked guys in order to be ABLE to beat top ranked guys. When he gets his chance at a top ranked guy he will destroy them.
edit: Im a dope

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He did get a chance vs a top ranked guy vs Machida. How'd that work out again???

3rd best???

#1 Shogun
#2 A. Silva
#3 Machida
#4 Bones Jones
#5 Rashad

He's top 4 as he wont be fighting Jones, but as soon as people start finding his chin his number is up. And with the top 3 of this division that wont be that difficult for them.
I think your confused man. He was talking about Bones there not Rashad. Bones never fought Machida

1 - 20 of 39 Posts