Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

recently I have began to use the following program weekly to become an MMA fighter

mon/wed/friday - ***** or boxing

tuesday/sat - Randy Coutures workout for mma conditioning
http://www.mmaforum.com/strength-power-training/72495-randy-coutures-workout-mma-conditioning.html

and one day per week I want to dedicate to strenght and power training

bench press - 3-4 working sets x 5-6 reps
dips - 2-3 sets x max
squats - 3-4 sets x 5-6 reps
pull ups - 2-3 sets x max
military press - 3-4 set x 5-6 reps

shrugs,hyperextensions,abs etc.

I havent included deadlifts because I dont have enough technique to do it + its a very energy consuming and traumatical,dont wanna injure my back - it will be under pressure all the wrestling days afterwards

what do you think ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am just started after a long pause to weights are pretty low...
like Bench press - I do 75kg - 5x5
Squats - 120kg - 5x5
Military press - 45kg - 5x5
etc.
my own weight is 85kg,height 174cm.

also in few month (when I ll get used to my martial arts tranings) I want to include boxing-wrestling during the week, exclude the gym and do morning kettlebells workout at home.
I have found a lot of material in the Web of how useful to use kettlebelles for fighters and strenght endurance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Kettle Bells are a great work out.

One thing i would like you to do is to increase the weights to your body weight on benchpress and possibly lower the reps. Also depending on your squat forum, i would tell you to lower or raise the weights. Somedays you might want less weight but to go deeper into the squat, just to mix it up.

Try to do 4 sets of everything and have one chest, tricep/bicep, and leg workout, along with a core workout. You should always work out your core whenever, gives you a break from heavy lifting, but your still working out.

Repeat the set 4 times and only rest in between sets for 2-3 minutes, depending how hard you go.

Try this out and tell me how it goes for you, if you don't like it, you've only wasted a week or two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.