Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you have a problem with having that nasty smell that comes from your bag gloves? And if you do what do you do to get rid of it? I've used Dr.Scholls foot spray and that seemed to help, but maybe there's a better or just a certain spray that's out there that gets rid of it?

·
ASS MAN
6,063 Posts
I've used Dr. Scholls odor eater bags. They're(I think they're Dr. Scholls but you can find them in the same section in the store) odor-absorbing bags that you put in your gloves(I've used them for lacrosse and punching gloves) when you store them away. They seem to work pretty good for awhile.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've used Dr. Scholls odor eater bags. They're(I think they're Dr. Scholls but you can find them in the same section in the store) odor-absorbing bags that you put in your gloves(I've used them for lacrosse and punching gloves) when you store them away. They seem to work pretty good for awhile.

Thanks, i'll look for those! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
11 Posts
Glove Dogs

Probably the best thing for glove and bag odor:

GLOVE DOGS - Click Here for Glove Dogs

Cageside Glove Dogs.

Made in the USA!!

Keeps your gloves smelling like new. Adds to the life of your gloves.

Breathable cotton flannel shells filled with refined, long lasting cedar chips. Just insert into gloves after each use to help absorb moisture and deodorize.

Absorbs all around glove moisture while deodorizing from the inside out. Leaves a fresh, lasting cedar aroma.

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
Fabric softener dryer sheets.
Or those cedar squares that you can sand to make them smell more, they're meant for closets but there's no reason u couldn't put them in your gloves.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used fabric softener sheets and that seemed to do the trick. Now i just have to do something about my gym bag. lol

Thanks for the input guys! :thumbsup:

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
The same thing will work for your gym bag. My gym bag was rank because of my hand wraps and jump rope and towel, and I put a fabric softener sheet in there and it worked very well, imo.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The same thing will work for your gym bag. My gym bag was rank because of my hand wraps and jump rope and towel, and I put a fabric softener sheet in there and it worked very well, imo.

I just did that a minute ago. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I havemy gloves smelling just like new every week without costing much, well other than electricity bill.

Get your gloves, place them in a plastic bag, find some space in your fridge/freezer and freeze your gloves overnight after a sparring session.. next day place them on the radiator for a number of hours, let them unfreeze.
this kills all the bacteria inside your gloves that causes the odour.

no need to buy products and stuff that just kills thebacteria, do it yourself with your freezer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm sure that freezing gloves would do the job, but what does it do to the life of your gloves? Seems like it would cause the gloves to crack from the contract/expand process

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been using the fabric softener sheet method, and that's been doing the trick. Thanks again for everyone's input!

·
Outta My Head
1,220 Posts
One thing you can always do is to get a spare set of gloves to use while you air out the originals. I personally now own 4 pairs of boxing gloves and 2 pairs of grappling gloves. I have the boxing gloves in regular rotation where I use one pair for the week while I let the others air out. I usually spray some Lysol into them and shove a set of glove dogs into them.

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts
It's an old thread, but it could still be interesting to some people. I've tried a "grandmother's tip against smelly shoes" which seems to work fine and doesn't cost much. After training I've put baking soda into my gloves and distributed the powder thouroughly. Then after one or two nights I've used a vacuum cleaner to get the powder out of the gloves. I'm not sure yet how long the effect will last, but I think doing it once in a month would be ok.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
febreeze/baking soda.

although i dont worry about it to much i dont hardly have a sense of smell left...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glove AIR™ boxing glove cleaning kit is a dryer and deodorizer. Has two air circulating inserts and a deodorizing, disinfectant spray that drys out sweat and bacteria that causes foul smells and rashes. Eliminate odors and sweat. Also works on shoes and spray can be used in gym bag and locker.

www.bernyssports.com

1 - 19 of 19 Posts