Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rogers was not dominating the fight. It was a fantastic fight both ways. brock Lesnar would not beat Fedor, but I really would like to see the fight so Brock could get beat.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I still think Lesnar would give a lot of trouble to Fedor just by his size and wrestling ability. Fedor is miles ahead in striking, but Lesnar has the ability to probably take Fedor down at will, which is something Rogers could not depend on.

The fight will be epic if it ever does happen.

·
Kneel Before Christ!
8,024 Posts
Yes because he looked incredibly vunerable an unproven prospect.

Lesnar won't stand with Fedor. Oh yeah and we saw Fedor nearly G&P out by Rogers, Lesnar? G&P? Yeah he's pretty good at it.

·
Kneel Before Christ!
8,024 Posts
Also, Fedor got hurt against Rogers and swept him with an armbar. If you saw the Mir fight, not only did Brock dominate him with powerful ground and pound, he did so with patience and intelligence. He didn't give one of the best sub fighters in the division a chance to do ANYTHING.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Brock is bigger and faster than Rogers and knows how to use his size. If Lesnar got the takedown early Fedor would never have the oppurtunity to gauge his stand up for the one punch he needs to take Lesnar out.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The ground and pound Rogers was landing on Fedor in round one would be twice as vicious, if not more, if it were to come from Lesnar. I can definitely see Fedor KOing Lesnar just like he did Rogers, but at the same time I wouldn't be too suprised if Lesnar ground and pounded him to a stoppage.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Please dont start this crap. In what way are Rogers and Lesnar similar? Lesnar wouldn strike with the Russian freak of nature he would take him down and pound him. Great win for Fedor and impressive showing for Rogers who did better than I thought he would on the ground...

·
Registered
792 Posts
All respect to Rogers, but everyone is thinking he dominated Fedor because of the cut. The facts are Fedor took a guy that was 30 pounds heavier (probably more on fight night) at will and knocked him the hell out. Sure Rogers did good, but in no way did he dominated.

That GnP he landed on Fedor looked nasty though and as much as I hate to say it, Fedor's hand speed is slowing down.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Now we are comparing to Rogers to Lesner? That is funny considering just the other day everyone thought he was a scrub. He gave Fedor a decent fight so now he is a top 5 HW I suppose.:confused02:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Im tired of seeing Fedor fight nothing but nobodies and has beens.

This fight didnt make me think Fedor is unbeatable, it showed me he is very beatable. If Rogers would have just fought him like he normally fights, he woulda won. Whether he wants to admit it or not, the Fedor thing got into his head.

Lesnar could pose a serious threat to Fedor, just by his strength alone. If he can hold Mir down with one hand, who is much larger than Fedor, he could easily ground and pound him. The only thing Lesnar would have to worry about is leaving himself open for a submission. If he played it smart, he could beat Fedor, and pretty handily too.

·
SugaRUSH!
3,807 Posts
Lol, I don't know about you guys, but during that "dangerous" GNP by Rogers(in which maybe 2 clean shots landed), I was merely waiting for the armbar. And, like always, I was not disappointed.

Brock would not take Fedor down. If he did, he'd lose a limb. His best game plan would be to use his freakish size, press Fedor against the cage and look to beat Fedor up.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
WTF? Rogers and Fedor are both big so that means they have they are the same fighter? By that same logic Lesnar beat Randy so he must be able to beat Fedor? I don't understand how Fedor beating Rogers would effect the outlook on a possible Lesnar match?

1 - 20 of 108 Posts